Unhappy With 390XP Porting Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the return time the problem or is the porting shotty? How does it run?

2k, it was neither. Nothing at all was done to the saw. The letter I put inside the box was still where I put it when I packaged it up. The whole issue was when I would talk to him, I was told of the progress but in reality the saw was never taken out of the box. I was really looking forward to having him build this saw too.

This is not a builder bashing thread by the way. The guy is definitely having major medical problems which I expressed to him that I wish nothing but the best with his health. But...I would have rather he just said I am sending the saw back instead of leading me on. I had an ear to ear grin when he told me it was done and just needed to be reassembled. Then to get the follow up e-mail. That was a big let down to say the least.

Last edited:
2k, it was neither. Nothing at all was done to the saw. The letter I put inside the box was still where I put it when I packaged it up. The whole issue was when I would talk to him, I was told of the progress but in reality the saw was never taken out of the box. I was really looking forward to having him build this saw too.

Yeah, the other guys let me know the deal. Don't let that leave a bad impression towards other builders though, I went through the same thing and said to heck with 'em. I have now dealt with other guys and would not hesistate to send them another saw. Take a few weeks to calm down and send that saw to Treeslinger.:chainsaw:He will do ya right and make that 390 sing!

This sounds like Dean at WPS. I had many problems with a 372 that I sent over to him to mod. I spent 500 dollars that was also including a non rev limiting coil but he never installed it nor was it in the box. The rings hung up in the exhaust port only after 15 minutes of running it. VERY PISSED. Yhat was last year and I never was able to get ahold of him over the phone. It also took him like 4 months to build this saw!!!!!

This sounds like Dean at WPS. I had many problems with a 372 that I sent over to him to mod. I spent 500 dollars that was also including a non rev limiting coil but he never installed it nor was it in the box. The rings hung up in the exhaust port only after 15 minutes of running it. VERY PISSED. Yhat was last year and I never was able to get ahold of him over the phone. It also took him like 4 months to build this saw!!!!!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

The top of that 372 head was milled so far that the spark plug did not have a flat sealing surface to seal. The intake clamp was rattling around on the intake boot from the second that I fired it. I tightened that up and ran it in a couple of blocks untill it locked up.

I've spend time on the phone with Dean... He is very intelligent, and has a big heart... I vote for medical issues as well. I bet he was trying to get to it and couldn't... Instead of disappointing someone, he kept telling them he would get to it... In the end, disappointing them anyway.

I think he tries to do more than he can...

What I think as well!

Remember this was the guy whose saw modding business, according to him, was getting so successful that he had to quit and go work for some relative building a cabin somewhere in the woods.

Just like the girlfriend that tells you she loves you soo much that she has to break up with you.

Let me tell you about the real Dean:

I talked to him a few times too and he seemed like a good guy. Then I bought an 084 off him on ebay for just under 600 that he claimed had been thoroughly gone through by his shop foreman and had a 160 compression (at the time his foreman was that guy Ben who as you know subsequently started his own modding business and also couldn't return a saw either.) He must have learned the trick on sticking a saw under the bench for 6 months from Dean.

When I got it there was so much crud on it no one could have checked anything. I spent over an hour + just cleaning the crap out of it everywhere so I could check it out. Compression was way low around 120, broken mount, oiler tube broken, oiler pump wouldn't pump oil, and several more things that I have forgotten by now.

So when I contact him and tell him all the issues he gets real snarky and says return it which I did. He says its a great saw and he'll have no trouble finding someone who wants it. Then he doesn't send the refund. I start to get on him and he tells me after several weeks that he can't give me a refund until he sells it again because he needs the money from the new stooge to pay me. This is while he was telling you all how great his business was going and how successful he was.

So I threaten him with bad feedback and to get paypal and credit card involved and he quickly comes up with the refund. I'm out shipping by the way.

Now for the biggie. Even after I told him all the stuff wrong with the saw, I checked about a week later and he put it back up on ebay with the identical description. I guarantee you he didn't fix any of the items I told him about either. Some other poor sap got hooked after me.

Yah, he is a really great guy all right. The kind of guy you want to marry your sister and borrow your stuff all the time.

For all you guys that think Dean was such a great guy, honest and on the up and up, for him to refuse to send me a refund and then jack me around claiming he couldn't send it until he resold the saw to get the money is really pathetic. Lying about the saw was bad enough but refusing to refund the money even after he had the saw back for weeks was really pathetic. During this time he was on here daily, not laid up somewhere either so there was no excuse to be made for him.

Guys like Dean are a dime a dozen. They are really great until you are the one they screw next.
:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2: Did I mention that I totally agree with this post. Yeah, he sounds like a good guy till he has your money, then things change.:mad:

I have seen this with guys in machine shops for race motors seems like
they will start on one motor put it in the corner and start another and
then nothing gets finished. I have had to go pick my stuff up from a couple
shops .If they would just be honest instead of all the bs.It would solve
most problems.

By the way when he was jacking me around he was having no medical problems and was in his shop and on here everyday.

I'm sure you can find a lot of people who thought Madoff was a really nice guy to.

I am not making excuses for the builder of topic in this thread, but in his defense he has been in and out of the hospital with major surgeries for nearly 9 months and is due back again very shortly. He is unable to be on his feet for more than about 15 minutes at a time.
Like I said, just in his defense, I am not making excuses for anyone.

I talked to him about 2 months ago. He had just had hernia operation number 14 or 16, don't remember. Higher than I want to go. He was only able to stand or walk for about 10 minutes at a time. He ripped the stiches out while recuperating and was back in the hospital. His hospital drive is about 100 miles.

It may have been his wife or one of his kids that sent the saw back.

No excuses, but that is what I know and recall.

Come on guys. You've said you're piece. We all know there are problems. I understand your frustration. All you're doing now is making yourself look bad. Too many times on a forum the mob mentallity gets going and everyone just piles on the bandwagon. Let it go.

Come on guys. You've said you're piece. We all know there are problems. I understand your frustration. All you're doing now is making yourself look bad. Too many times on a forum the mob mentallity gets going and everyone just piles on the bandwagon. Let it go.

:agree2:

I dont think you're out 500 dollars.:angry::angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back