Update on DYI or hire a pro...with damage report

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of being the devil's advocate, I have to ask the question, "Why plant a tree so close to the house and then let it get that big before dropping it?

I believe the window could also have been saved (and your nerves) by topping off most of the high branches prior to the drop. That would have meant climbing, but good professional climbers are out there.

Well, I left trees close to my outbuildings, so now I'll have to have a climber come in one one of them, cut all branches, top it off....not enough foresight from my end!....in other words,

DUHHH!

The church I used to be chair of the building and grounds had too many big trees too close to the building. I did take down a 25' spruce about 4' from the building. I tried to convince them to let me take a couple of red maples out about 6' from the building while I could still safely do it.

Somebody planted a tulip about 15' foot from the building. it is about 8-10'' in diameter and 30' high now. Where it is, eventually they will need either a climber or a huge crane.

The church I am attending now doesn't have any trees threatening the building. I hope they will listen to me if they want to plant any.

Every DIY needs to know when to say ''Not me.''

That tree was deader than it looked and just exploded on impact! Of course it's hindsight now but a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood would have saved that window. It's not unusual at all when a tree is dropped to have pieces that fly further than the drop zone.

yep but i wood have top it first tom trees:cheers:

Latest posts

Back