Used 066 - Is this a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BC_Stihl_Guy

BC_Stihl_Guy

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks Will, that's awesome. I'm gonna get a Mini Mill for edging logs, as I think that would make things go much quicker.

Got an unrelated question for you though. I've read in forums here about saw chains, and terms like Full chisel, skip tooth, etc. Is there a good guide or forum post detailing these? It's all greek to me!

Josh

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
Thanks Will, that's awesome. I'm gonna get a Mini Mill for edging logs, as I think that would make things go much quicker.

Got an unrelated question for you though. I've read in forums here about saw chains, and terms like Full chisel, skip tooth, etc. Is there a good guide or forum post detailing these? It's all greek to me!

Josh

Ya, I've got a few things I can send ya via email for you to read over on chains. Skip though is missing every second tooth. Full chisel is a square cutter, semi is a rounded corner on the cutter.

PM me your email addy, and I'll send them over. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.

Will

Jacob J.

Josh

Hey Josh- Looks like you're doing real good there. If you want to look at various chain types and learn the lingo, a good place to start is here: http://www.oregonchain.com/sawch.htm

You can also take a look at here: http://www.madsens1.com/MNUbarchain.htm

There's probably more info in those two links than you want, but it'll keep you off the streets and out of trouble.

Latest posts