used 460 stalling problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxxor92

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ok so i bought a used husky 460 for 200 bucks, was pretty damn clean and engine sounded good and everything. not that i got it out to use it, it stalls when you try to give it full throttle, just bogs down and then stalls. looked in the gas tank to see how much was in it and gas was leaking out of it. so i ripped it apart, and the clear line going from the primer into the gas tank was barely through the O ring to the tank. so i pushed it back in and that fixed the gas leak. same problem with the throttle stalling when u try to open it up. so i checked the fuel filter and managed to find a good sized chunk of the clear line from the primer that was leaking, had broken off and was loose inside the gas tank. so i removed the chunk of gas line, snipped the end of the fuel line and reattached the fuel filter to make sure it had a good seal, put it back in tried to start it up and now it fires up and then just stalls out on its own, cant get it to idle. any ideas on what it could be?

tommorow im going to get a new fuel line for the primer to replace that and also a new fuel filter and changing that just incase the one in it is no good. if that doesnt change anything im kinda stumped. thoughts/opinions? spark plug looked good too, i cleaned it out and cleaned alot of the inside of the saw with my air compressor.

Needs carb cleaning and proly a real tune/adjustment after that. If the lines were screwed up it sucked up some gunk. Use ethanol resistant tygon for fuel lines.

Yeah, I think I would replace all the fuel lines and rebuild the carb too. Not real familiar with that saw but if it has the boot between the carb and cylinder, look real close at the bands that tighten it and make sure the boot doesn't leak or have a hole in it.

Latest posts

Back