Used a chainsaw to cut some pulling tires

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Heres one for you. I purchased a set of 30.5x32 tractor pulling tires and needed to remove a large amount of the lug. We usually grind our tires, but these had a lot of tread left, after some discussion, out came the little electric go gitter chainsaw, guess what, it cuts the lugs nicely, making the coolest rubber noodles ever. The chain would only hold an edge for about 8 lugs and had to be....um touched up....I used my dremel and regound the angle to about 15 degrees, that seemed to be about right. I don't think I will be using these noodles for fire starter, but it was definately an interesting, and I might add a bit dangerous day. Can you say "full PPE" that would be a minimum. Hold on, shes got a bit o bite!!:cheers:

hoot, you got to understand what he was trying to do. any way to get those lugs down, as its work!!! bet the saw did work well. as you said, you have to be reallllllllly careful!!!!!!!!!!

i used a sawzall to cut the little lugs out of my boggers back in highschool.. those tires could break any thing.

i took it as he was cutting the ridges off the tractor tires?? correct ? i just thought a beer or two would help in that matter . h

I have to admit that was some "abstract thought concentrate" involved with the brainstorming sesion the night before. I bet I had one of them OH #!$%$% looks when I put the saw to her the first time. The tires will be test fired on Labor Day at the Idaho state fair. We still have a bunch of grinding, but are out of time for this project. I bet that one of those concrete saws would have worked really well. HUMMMM. I am thinking that "BLACK BART" will be a grunting a bit with these tires compared to the old ones.
I was really thinking about using my Tanaka for the job, untill the electro model idea came up. Likely a VERY good idea.

Latest posts

Back