used echo cs-400 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dt6266

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
a friend of mine gave me an echo cs-400 that he got for nothing and asked me to check it out to see why he couldnt get it running. i checked it out and it turns out the owner before him must have ran it on straight gas (i hate when that happins) or overheated the hell out of it because the piston and cylinder are toast. can anyone help me out with a decent used piston and cylinder since a new set is almost as much as the saw is new or is it just not worth it. also how are these saws to tear down.

A whole new shortblock is $155, new oem piston with ring is $41. Most times the cylinder can be cleaned up unless gouged deep. Most of the CS400 saws burn up from being set to lean and you will need to pull the caps and adjust richer. It's real easy to work on, no need to pull the flywheel as the engine will come out with it on. The clutch and oil pump need to come off, it's around a 10 to 15 minute job to have the whole engine laying on your bench. Steve

:haha: :burn_joss_stick: :eek:h: :dribble: :beat_brick: :waaaht: :feel_good:

I seen a shortblock new on ebay for 125$ and their pretty easy to work on like mountain lake said and they run pretty strong for that engine setup.

Latest posts

Back