Used saws/ Compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't need it as I have a 034, but at $175 plus taxes total $203 Canadian I just could not leave it on the shelf, I think it has the original bar on it, arctic model to. And no it's not for sale!!!!

Had a 372XP in for what the owner claimed "it needed a Piston/Cylinder Kit". First thing I did was check the compression. 155 psi. Little to no scoring. Cleaned out the carb and drained out the 1/2 fuel, 1/2 water mix out of the tank, refilled with fresh 50-1 mix and she fired right up! I'd like to speak to the Dealer who told him he needed a new Cylinder Kit! Maybe he had a boat payment.

Had a 372XP in for what the owner claimed "it needed a Piston/Cylinder Kit". First thing I did was check the compression. 155 psi. Little to no scoring. Cleaned out the carb and drained out the 1/2 fuel, 1/2 water mix out of the tank, refilled with fresh 50-1 mix and she fired right up! I'd like to speak to the Dealer who told him he needed a new Cylinder Kit! Maybe he had a boat payment.

or an idiot tech

Whats good compression for a 372 xp?

I have 2 -372xp's one runs grest the other wont idel, I checked compression on the one that runs great and got about 100psi the one that wont idel has about 125 psi with new piston and rings. It will start and run but only by bumping the throttle or running it at high speed. Carb adjustments are at spec, gass mix is correct, would an air leak at one of the crank seals make it do this? I have know way to check for a crank seal leak. Any suggestions?

If you think it has a 100psi / 125 and runs great.. you need a new compression tester... get one with a schrader valve at the tip...

Latest posts

Back