Used woodmizer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are serious about buying it check everything out and make sure all the electronics work on it. I lood at one a few years ago that had been sitting for a couple of years and most electrical items would not work. I talked woodmizer and the told me that I would have to go thru and clean all the wire ends on the items that did not work. So I don't think that 20'000 is a real good buy. The hours that are on this mill would be considered as low hours. Wood Mizer used to figure that 2 to 3 thousand hours and you would have to replace the engine, but I put almost 6000 hours on mine before I replaced the engine. I have almost 2000 hours on the new engine.

How did she buy it from an Amish man? Don't they stay away from anything mechanized and do all their work by hand? At least the ones up our way do. :confused:

How did she buy it from an Amish man? Don't they stay away from anything mechanized and do all their work by hand? At least the ones up our way do. :confused:

i think the amish vary somewhat. around here some will use tractors if it has steel only wheels. some only horses. one runs a sawmill w/ a detroit diesel. many use a 5.5hp honda engine for many uses even generators. some have cell phones, none lanlines.
they cant be "connected" to the "outside" world w/ a wire.

bout 30 of them showed up at my cousins tornado stricken homeplace in mid tennessee last month. worked for bout 3-4 hours then headed on down the road to help others. they did more than we did all week.

sorry to get off topic i just wanted to brag on them.

the rest of us ought to take a lesson in work ethic from them...

come to think of it I never saw an amish person doing much in the way of paper work....Hmmmmm...If I could have internet i might convert...:)

The amish in this area tend to use items with engines on them but not for means of transportation. I've seen cyclebar mowers and hay/straw balers both being pulled by horses. Also believe some of them have land line phones but they have to be at the road side and not for personal use...business only.

the rest of us ought to take a lesson in work ethic from them...
:cheers: to that

As far as the banmill goes the price would have to drop considerably for me to be truelly interested. She led me on a bit from the get go...but then again the price didnt come from her mouth but from the guy she calls her manager. Kind of a odd situation down there. I do know that she is willing to pay someone to block some tops up and stack near her house. She has also told me I could cut firewood and hunt so maybe keeping my foot in the door will lead to some good luck.

Speaking of good luck.....powerball jackpot is 230 million tonight. Think of the saws and mills.

The "G24" on the head means it is a 24 hp. gas engine, most likely an Onan. $20K for that mill with the sharpener and setter and fairly low hours is a fair price. When word gets out that it's available, I don't believe it will not be sitting there long.

Latest posts

Back