Using yellow jackets on Toro STX 26

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoagies n grinders

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys i am finally back in business after the car accident that destroyed my Vermeer. I got a settlement for my grinder but couldn't locate anything apealing in washington so i bought a Toro STX 26 out of california. It has greenteeth on it and they are fine but I am curious can I run yellow jackets on it? Only reason I ask is that I have a ton of brand new teeth that I had for my Vermeer that are just collecting dust since its dead and gone now. Anyway if anyone has any input i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Dylan

Attachments

• 20160328_154040.jpg
    20160328_154040.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Just wondering, how well is that machine balanced? It looks like it needs more weight to the front end. Does it bounce much during grinding? I have seen those at rental houses, but have never used one.
Looks pretty clean. Was that a rental from the Sunbelt Rental fleet? I noticed the green color.
Jeff

Yes it was a rental from sunbelt 288 hours on it. It weighs 1200 lbs and cuts very well only complaint is that the joy stick is really sensitive so you have to watch how far it lowers on each pass too much and it will bog down and jump but i did three stumps yesterday 2-35" and 1-68" stump in just under 2 hours.

Just wondering, how well is that machine balanced? It looks like it needs more weight to the front end. Does it bounce much during grinding? I have seen those at rental houses, but have never used one.
Looks pretty clean. Was that a rental from the Sunbelt Rental fleet? I noticed the green color.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back