Valve leak on Timberwolf TW-P1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theodore2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The valve on my Timberwolf TW-P1 has been leaking since the day I purchased it from a neighbor. Detail of where leak is in photo attached. Not a lot (maybe one drop per minute) but adds up over the day. Does anyone know of a Youtube video or description of how to fix? Or even the name of the location where this leak is occurring (so I can lookup)? Thanks.
Regards,
Theodore
leak at valve.jpg

It's a prince valve. So says the Made in America sticker on it (see photo). But I looked everywhere I could and do not see a model number imprinted on the valve elsewhere. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

IMG_8524.jpg

Just out of interest and because I have been stuck like this myself, I google'd Prince LS3000 seal kit and found an abundance of them (I'm in uk) in America. If it were me, I'd order one ( $13 ish ), whip it apart and get familiar...reassemble and away. If this is not your thing, I would imagine they are very common and any hydraulic service shop would reseal it for you.......the entire valve new looks to cost in the region of $90 new from various sellers . I'm guessing you only need seal no 3 in diagram, might be very common indeed..therefore very inexpensive. Start by ringing a Prince service agent, tell him your spool valve leaks, and it's being discussed world wide. They might only be a few miles away and make you coffee while replacing seals FOC....after all, you still have the Made in America sticker on it. You are fortunate it doesn't say " Joseph Lucas " Be sure to let us hear how you get on. Have a drip free day !

I have the Parker seal numbers somewhere. I got the seals for a buck or two apeiece, but in qty of 10 that I could use at the time. IIRC, it is lip seal one end and oring on the other end. One on the spol, one in the body. You are better off buying the kit unless you want to do 10 valves....
Because of the lip seal design, the spool has to come out one end, and go back in tyhe other end. Be very careful not to fold or slice the lip seal, but it is a 15-30 minute job.
One drop a minute might not improve. Then ends of the spools are tank port connections. If the return hose and filter are undersized, or if the cylinder is large rod diameter so a lot of extra flow on retract, the T core seems a higher than normal pressure and can leak a bit. Lip seals can take high pressure when pressure energized, but are not leak free at low pressures.
I would order a seal kit to have on hand, but run it until it gets worse.

Latest posts

Back