varied 395xp questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say, I think there's something really cool about using spent brass as a tool :yourock:

rep sent

I gotta say, I think there's something really cool about using spent brass as a tool :yourock:

rep sent

agree,,,, however, if it were mine,,, I'd rather put new Primer/Propellent/Projectile in it and send it back to the launch pad!!!!!!!

Booo--Yahhhhhooop!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Anyone looking for this tool to adjust the new Walbro carbs here is the statement from Walbro regarding consumers having them but giving the proper part number:

WALBRO:
SBJ: Walbro Tamper Proof Adjustment Tools

Due to the latest EPA and California Air Resources Board emissions regulations, Walbro has discontinued providing adjustment tools to Central Warehouse Distributors, Dealers or consumers. Several adjustment tools are available; however, they can only be purchased by contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer. One of the most popular tools is the “D” shaped adjustment tool. This tool is to adjust the ‘D’ shaped adjustment needles on specific emission regulating carburetors. The EHP part number for this tool is 530035560 and can only be purchased by authorized EHP service centers and cannot be sold to consumers per the agreement with the EPA.

However, a search of that part number turned up this guy on ebay who sells them for $8 and a couple bucks shipping:

Ebay Link

Same part number that Walbro lists.

Only reason I want one is that I just got my 395XP muffler back from John Walker at Walkers Saw Shop and all I can say is "WOW". Nice work and can't wait to try it out. Don't know why it's so blasted hard to get information on 395Xp's but it is...

Art

:agree2:

think I found one now that I know what I'm looking for, bet it looks something like this..

218YS6z%2BHUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So I take it this tool will push the metal ring down and let a guy turn the screw freely then once tool is removed the ring will lock the screw again and only alow the screw to move a certain amount again?

Yes that works or push in the limiters with anothe screw driver and adjust it that way.

Yes that works or push in the limiters with anothe screw driver and adjust it that way.

Thanks, you've been very helpful lately with my 395 questions...now for another one lol. I just purchased this saw new and when taking a look at it it seems that the throttle cable does'nt open the carb all the way open. I mean it's really close but when I pull the trigger all the way I can take my finger and open the carb linkage just a hair more. Is there any way to adjust this cable? I just don't like the fact that it is'nt FULL throttle even if it is'nt noticeable...Also what is the max rpm of the 395 in stock form?

Anyone looking for this tool to adjust the new Walbro carbs here is the statement from Walbro regarding consumers having them but giving the proper part number:

WALBRO:
SBJ: Walbro Tamper Proof Adjustment Tools

Due to the latest EPA and California Air Resources Board emissions regulations, Walbro has discontinued providing adjustment tools to Central Warehouse Distributors, Dealers or consumers. Several adjustment tools are available; however, they can only be purchased by contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer. One of the most popular tools is the “D” shaped adjustment tool. This tool is to adjust the ‘D’ shaped adjustment needles on specific emission regulating carburetors. The EHP part number for this tool is 530035560 and can only be purchased by authorized EHP service centers and cannot be sold to consumers per the agreement with the EPA.

However, a search of that part number turned up this guy on ebay who sells them for $8 and a couple bucks shipping:

Ebay Link

Same part number that Walbro lists.

Only reason I want one is that I just got my 395XP muffler back from John Walker at Walkers Saw Shop and all I can say is "WOW". Nice work and can't wait to try it out. Don't know why it's so blasted hard to get information on 395Xp's but it is...

Art

Do you have a PDF or scan of that statement from walbro by chance???

Yeah I heard earlier 12,500 but 13k is stock right Mike, I know the 394 was 12,500 but nver seen spec on the 395. Good question Will, and I have never seen adj screws like that. I got lucky was able to pull the plastic ones on my 372, luckilly they have the springs. Just did a 046 the other day, and similar except no splines. Just one notch on each screw that fits in the plate. It looks like the metal one for the 395. My 660 is the same as the 46. Good read glad I popped in. O.P read what you said 288 compared to the 395. Let the new saw thing wind down a little run em side by side, and the 288 will surprise you how close or the same they are. It's close.

Do you mean just for a 395 in general? Stock? Ported?

I tuned the stock one and when it was ported to 12.5k. It seemed fine running a 41" bar like that. I like to run them about as rich as they will clean up in the cut for working. I think durand has it 13k now too.

Yeah I heard earlier 12,500 but 13k is stock right Mike, I know the 394 was 12,500 but nver seen spec on the 395. Good question Will, and I have never seen adj screws like that. I got lucky was able to pull the plastic ones on my 372, luckilly they have the springs. Just did a 046 the other day, and similar except no splines. Just one notch on each screw that fits in the plate. It looks like the metal one for the 395. My 660 is the same as the 46. Good read glad I popped in. O.P read what you said 288 compared to the 395. Let the new saw thing wind down a little run em side by side, and the 288 will surprise you how close or the same they are. It's close.

I've pulled the caps on some stihls inluding my 460,046 and both 660's and countless others. Just a drywall screw and a model knife...not much to it.;)

I do thank the guys for their response on the husky tool in this thread. I bought a couple for my 346 but had no idea the metal ring around the screws on the 395 just pushed in with it. It makes it easier than even pulling the caps on the stihls!

Have anybody mm the 395 and did you open the muffler chamber inside or did you just add another port? Pics of some would be nice:D

I added a 288 deflector in front of the other one. The muffler is hollow or atleast the one I did was.

394 muffler mod. I usually cut out behind the screen in the stock outlet and add a 288 style deflector in front of it. Don't use aluminum pop rivets as shown, they rattle out.

IMG_1072.jpg

I tuned the stock one and when it was ported to 12.5k. It seemed fine running a 41" bar like that. I like to run them about as rich as they will clean up in the cut for working. I think durand has it 13k now too.

Ok. The last one I did was turning over 14k.

395 mufflers have a tube baffle look inside from the inlet.

I know mine has a baffle inside. Do you open up these baffle's? The key to the MM's are to keep the exits smaller that 80% of the exaust port in the cylinder correct?

I was told from a builder to stay under 14k with the 395s. He had a few pistons come apart when run over 14k so I was just kinda playing it safe.

Latest posts

Back