Vermeer 1800 Chipper Refurb Almost Done

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a local sign shop print the stripe. Tried to keep with the white, black, red theme of my chip truck.

Might be a good time for an update on how the paint job is holding up. Even after sandblasting the chipper and adding 3 coats of primer, rust is starting to bleed through at bolt holes and joints. Can be covered up with some rustoleum white easily enough but I'm a little disappointed. thought the paint job would last longer. still a 7 or 8 out of a 10 cosmetically but not as pretty as it was when it first came out of the paint shop.

oh well...

Time for a Bandit....;)

did you have a local print shop print your vinyl to do it yourself or did you order online? Just repainted some of my trucks and chippers. I'm either going to order a vinyl machine and print my own or order online however with the machine I can't get anything bigger than 24" unless I go with a bigger vinyl machine.. more money.

Just had a local sign shop print the stripe. Tried to keep with the white, black, red theme of my chip truck.

Might be a good time for an update on how the paint job is holding up. Even after sandblasting the chipper and adding 3 coats of primer, rust is starting to bleed through at bolt holes and joints. Can be covered up with some rustoleum white easily enough but I'm a little disappointed. thought the paint job would last longer. still a 7 or 8 out of a 10 cosmetically but not as pretty as it was when it first came out of the paint shop.

oh well...

That's funny, not to be a ####, but I just jumped in here to ask how it was holding up, and saw this. White is a really bad color for equipment (shows everything)... especially something like a chipper. I figured it wasn't gonna hold up too well. Nice job though!

My chipper is dark blue (not by choice) and could use paint, but still shines up pretty good. If it was white it would look like a bag of ass going down the road!

Last edited:
Back