vermeer 252 grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talking vermeer pro style teeth or what?

Anything other than yellowjacket, greenteeth or sandvik are a waste of both time and money and that includes the standard and pro vermeer teeth and the rayco supertooth. Those take too long to switch teeth and you only get one cutting edge. They also cut slower from my experience with them.

The aformentioned 3 newer styles are much better even though they cost more. In the short-run, the standard teeth are cheaper. In the long-run, the other three will save you time which equates into money.

I like Green Teeth.

I agree with Arbor Pro in that I think Green Teeth are the way to go, I haven't used the other 2. For the money, every time I replace Vermeer teeth I ask myself "why am I not putting Green Teeth on?".
Something like $260 for pocket, bolts and teeth for a 252 and you have 3 edges and when your done, send them out to be sharpened for a few bucks each, great deal all the way around.

I agree with Arbor Pro in that I think Green Teeth are the way to go, I haven't used the other 2. For the money, every time I replace Vermeer teeth I ask myself "why am I not putting Green Teeth on?".
Something like $260 for pocket, bolts and teeth for a 252 and you have 3 edges and when your done, send them out to be sharpened for a few bucks each, great deal all the way around.

I had greenteeth on my Rayco 1625 which is a similar size machine. By the time I got around to swapping to that third side of the teeth, it wasn't very sharp. That said, with only two side, I still think it's the best system out there short of the Sandvik. Very easy to swap and great results while cutting.

Latest posts

Back