Vermeer 352. Vibration???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingekeith

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone out there have any knowledge about the SC352 suffering with vibration problems? I have had 3 cyl head gaskets replaced and the finger is being pointed at the way the engine is mounted directly onto the chassis.

There is a kit that can be fitted and if vermeer don't agree to warranty it the cost is £1500 + vat.

Before anyone asks, I am running standard teeth and the wheel does not feel unbalanced at all.

Any one with similar problems???

Hi Kieth,
Your not the only one to suffer vibration problems on the 352. If you look in the top right hand corner of the page, you'll see the search function. search for 352, there are a few brit guys suffering the same...

Cheers, just read the posts. Your not wrong, plenty of probs all over the place. Its a shame because the 352 really performs well. I hope I don't loose confidence in the machine.
I have hired a 50hp Predator in the interim and its crap!
Keith

Hello, does anyone out there have any knowledge about the SC352 suffering with vibration problems? I have had 3 cyl head gaskets replaced and the finger is being pointed at the way the engine is mounted directly onto the chassis.

There is a kit that can be fitted and if vermeer don't agree to warranty it the cost is £1500 + vat.

Before anyone asks, I am running standard teeth and the wheel does not feel unbalanced at all.

Any one with similar problems???

really,, must be a "other side of the pond thing",,,got screws, nuts and bolts, on the sheet metal falling out.... as far as the engine,,, nothing wrong here....
i have more trouble with flat tires, than anything else...... day after i got the machine,, one of the tires went down,,, still happens... 350 hrs on a 2004...

after every 2 hours of grinding I check all the nuts and bolts on my 352,I have low hours on my machine 100 or so,how many hours have you got on your machine gingekeith?

I know one thing I won't be buying another vermeer grinder!

353 Vibration

Hello juststumps (that is my business name aswell!!!) I have 355 hours or so. The good news is that Vermeer are supplying and fitting the new engine mounts etc. So this should be the answer to the engine probs. I do check the bolts but not as often as you, maybe a lesson I should learn!

Latest posts

Back