Vermeer BC 1400?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priest

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a chance to buy a 2001 Vermeer BC 1400 with 600 hours for a decent price, and I was wondering if anybody had some insight into this machine.

I have two BC 1000's, and I need to trade one for a bigger chipper. I was looking at the BC 1800's, but their awfully big and would put my F-550 at over CDL (giving me one more CDL truck than CDL drivers).

The BC 1400 would be within my weight restrictions, give me 15 inch capacity, and 30 percent more HP. I'm just wondering if they are as good a machine quality-wise.

Anybody have experience with this machine?

Thanks

Anybody?

By the way, it turned out to be a 2003 model with only 467 hrs, and still the same price. :cheers:

I'm demo-ing the machine right now, and it is incredible what it can do! Chipped 30 foot Green Ash limbs yesterday with 15 foot breadth without making any cuts. The double feed wheels have enough power to crush and pull some serious forks through. I'm super pumped about this machine. Having this machine and one BC 1000 on hand is going to be perfect for us.
Please check out my BC 1000 for sale in the Tradin' Post and give me a call if you are interested.

-Nate

Last edited:
Back