Vermeer BC610 Chipper 2002 model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clawnz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can I get some feed back on Knives to Anvil distance?

I have two sets of knives, the pair that came with the chipper and a new set.
I bought a vermeer 6in that had only done 484hrs and fairly tidy. made 2002
I have only clocked another 80hrs in the last 9 months.
I have had to learn what's what and fix up some of the "She'll be Right Mate I can Fix Anything".
The seller claimed it was serviced regulary, by their own workshop, which serviced large machinery and it did at first glance seem like that was correct.
The motor is mint all the service labels and dates were felt tipped on filters and that.
I had only used a Vermeer 6in and a Bearcat 6in before and they were not mine and I only had them for the odd job.
First job was to open it up and check knives, anvil, and drum bearings.
Bearings in great shape.
Knives had a run off on the cutting face of more than 2mil 1/8in
Anvil had not been moved or changed anvil edge in 484hrs
Ok lets get chipping, She squeals a lot bringing in the belt tensioner, and throws one of the belts now and then! (Yes, they had fitted 2x non slip Fan belts) I must admit I did not know what the problem was to start with and put my money on, 'they had only replaced one belt' so off I went to get new belts, only to find I only needed the 1x twin 'V' belt. ???? that stopped a lot of complaining running it up to speed.
The Feed computer is not working, but I am the only one using it, and am happy working the manual feed bar.
If I had to pick, I would say this machine clocked up a lot of it's hours, running, but not working, like if you just had it running in the back ground while you cut and dragged, prior to chipping. It cleaned up real well.
IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

I guess they sold it because it was cutting poorly, throwing belts, and squealing a lot.
I would like to meet that super mechanic some day, just to say thanks, due to him I got a great machine at a reasonable price.:cheers:
Clive

Latest posts

Back