Vermeer model 6 stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDChainsaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been offered a Vermeer model 6 stump grinder. I've never seen one and don't know jack about them. I know it's old but condition is unknown. Any thoughts? I'm subcontracting my stumps now. Thanks for your input.

Never heard of a model 6, I have been using Vermeer equipment 15 yrs. I had a 630B, there was a 630, 630A and a 665. Model 6 must be older than what I am aware of. They do have a 652 now.

The Model 6 was prior to the 665. Its a 65 HP Wisconsin with large cutting wheel tow behind. Really good in center islands as the side to side movment is on tracks and travels straight going back and forth. It does not pivot of a center point like the 665 so it does not travel left and right in and arc. It is a very basic unit but they worked pretty well. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Vermeer Model 6 Info

In the earley 60's I had a model 10 and model 18 which were larger sizes of the model 6. It is quite an old machine but very simple to use. The only problem I had was that I keep breaking axles. All 3 models were known for that. You could make a wheel dolley to put the wheels of machine on. Something like wreckers use. I think it cut better than the later machines that have an arm out back like a 2465. That is because cutter wheel is directly under weight of engine. They are not worth much $500 or so. Good Luck

The Model 6 was prior to the 665. Its a 65 HP Wisconsin with large cutting wheel tow behind. Really good in center islands as the side to side movment is on tracks and travels straight going back and forth. It does not pivot of a center point like the 665 so it does not travel left and right in and arc. It is a very basic unit but they worked pretty well. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back