Very funny story when delivering wood the other morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So 7pm the other night a guy orders 1.5 cords of firewood from me and has done so for a few years now, no problem I tell him I will be there at 7am the next morning he says good the check will be on the door. 7am the next morning I roll in, no check on the door, house is dark I call his cell phone no answer I figure I will dump the wood and have him send the check as I have a good history with him. But I decide to ring the doorbell just once incase he is here getting ready for work. NO answer so now Im opening the doors on my truck and his wife comes out and hollers "WE HAVE NO MONEY FOR THIS RIGHT NOW" as she is getting uncomortably close to me and I say um what happened between 7pm last night and 7am this morning were you robbed last night. This seemed to enrage her more so she screamed I HAVE TO BUY GROCERIES YOU KNOW
I said yes so do I. Mam your husband ordered this firewood to be delivered this morning just 12 hours ago and I need to be paid whether you want the wood or not. She says THATS THE PROBLEM HE DOESNT TALK TO ME ANYMORE YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO LEAVE. So I say you are my first drop this morning and the whole truck is loaded accordingly there are 3 other peoples firewood ahead of yours in the truck and I have to get to them as I promised I would, if you dont want the firewood thats fine but I still need the check that was to be left for me.
She storms into the house, now Im thinking I am definately not dropping the wood as I will never get paid, I dial the husbands cell phone, no answer. A few minutes pass she comes back out of the house with the check in the envelope still with the tape on it where her husband had it taped to the door for me (which apparently she tore of the door after he went to work) she crumples it up in a ball and throws it in my face and screams I GUESS WE WILL BE EATING PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES FOR THE NEXT TO WEEKS. I just smile at her and say I like those sandwiches, thank you I dump the wood out and 5 miles down the road her husband calls and says did you find my house ok this morning. I said yes and I got the pleasure of meeting your wife to. He says yes she seemed a bit out of sorts this morning, I said maybe next year you and here should talk a little more before I come with the firewood. He said ya maybe. I said your wood is in your driveway and Ive got the check thanks alot.

She probably called the bank when she closed the door and had that check cancelled. One question... why was their wood any different than the next load?

Ian

I thought it was funny I guess. There wood wasnt any different than the next persons just sectioned off in my truck for the amount they wanted, the next customers order was a different amount. I will know if the check is good monday.

The way the story started, I thought that they would have 'moved' and not told you. :hmm3grin2orange:

In high school, I had a classmate's dad order a couple 'ricks'. I delivered one evening, the evening that his dad had killed a little buck, and was quite inebriated when I got there. He cancelled the rest of the order, ($ 20 per rick, delivered.) saying he could cut it himself. His son followed me to the truck telling me that killing that buck had made him feel macho.

i pay for my firewood logs with cash and thats what i accept as payment on delivery . firewood is a sideline/hobby so i like that it doesnt have to go through my bank account

The truck I was in that day holds 3 full cords, I have a few different sized trucks for delivery. Bye the way I apologize for the length I didnt realize it got that long just trying to get all of her rants in. Let me tell you maybe it seemed funnier when she was 2 inches from my face screamin about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches than sitting in your home reading it off a screen, thinking about how you would react to someone like that instead of being right there.
One more thing their house is worth 500k easy.

Last edited:
It is a good story. I suppose even the rich can be broke.

Good writing.

:)

I thought for sure it was going end with you being at the wrong house..
Good luck with that cheque..

I thought for sure it was going end with you being at the wrong house..
Good luck with that cheque..

My thought was that the couple had split up and the husband lived somewhere else and forgot to tell the OP.

So 7pm the other night a guy orders 1.5 cords of firewood from me and has done so for a few years now, no problem I tell him I will be there at 7am the next morning he says good the check will be on the door. 7am the next morning I roll in, no check on the door, house is dark I call his cell phone no answer I figure I will dump the wood and have him send the check as I have a good history with him. But I decide to ring the doorbell just once incase he is here getting ready for work. NO answer so now Im opening the doors on my truck and his wife comes out and hollers "WE HAVE NO MONEY FOR THIS RIGHT NOW" as she is getting uncomortably close to me and I say um what happened between 7pm last night and 7am this morning were you robbed last night. This seemed to enrage her more so she screamed I HAVE TO BUY GROCERIES YOU KNOW
I said yes so do I. Mam your husband ordered this firewood to be delivered this morning just 12 hours ago and I need to be paid whether you want the wood or not. She says THATS THE PROBLEM HE DOESNT TALK TO ME ANYMORE YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO LEAVE. So I say you are my first drop this morning and the whole truck is loaded accordingly there are 3 other peoples firewood ahead of yours in the truck and I have to get to them as I promised I would, if you dont want the firewood thats fine but I still need the check that was to be left for me.
She storms into the house, now Im thinking I am definately not dropping the wood as I will never get paid, I dial the husbands cell phone, no answer. A few minutes pass she comes back out of the house with the check in the envelope still with the tape on it where her husband had it taped to the door for me (which apparently she tore of the door after he went to work) she crumples it up in a ball and throws it in my face and screams I GUESS WE WILL BE EATING PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES FOR THE NEXT TO WEEKS. I just smile at her and say I like those sandwiches, thank you I dump the wood out and 5 miles down the road her husband calls and says did you find my house ok this morning. I said yes and I got the pleasure of meeting your wife to. He says yes she seemed a bit out of sorts this morning, I said maybe next year you and here should talk a little more before I come with the firewood. He said ya maybe. I said your wood is in your driveway and Ive got the check thanks alot.

That wasn't funny.

In high school, I had a classmate's dad order a couple 'ricks'. I delivered one evening, the evening that his dad had killed a little buck, and was quite inebriated when I got there. He cancelled the rest of the order, ($ 20 per rick, delivered.) saying he could cut it himself. His son followed me to the truck telling me that killing that buck had made him feel macho.

That wasn't funny either.

Yes.. Or he knocked on the door and the guys girlfriend answered..

That also wasn't funny.

i pay for my firewood logs with cash and thats what i accept as payment on delivery . firewood is a sideline/hobby so i like that it doesnt have to go through my bank account

Now THAT was stinkin' funny!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::eek:uttahere2::clap::ices_rofl::msp_biggrin::hmm3grin2orange:

The truck I was in that day holds 3 full cords, I have a few different sized trucks for delivery. Bye the way I apologize for the length I didnt realize it got that long just trying to get all of her rants in. Let me tell you maybe it seemed funnier when she was 2 inches from my face screamin about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches than sitting in your home reading it off a screen, thinking about how you would react to someone like that instead of being right there.
One more thing their house is worth 500k easy.

I thought it was a chuckle. I woulda be askin her if it was gonna be Skippy or Jif, might just as well really make her day...............

I think I will skip the stand up routine I was thinking about trying. What I think is funny apparently most people dont haha. Oh well, this will save me from getting vegetables thrown at me.

Latest posts

Back