Video of a climber who almost cashes it in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the climber should have been well prepared for the bronco ride,he worried too much about hooking up the saw ,personally i would have dropped the saw on its strop bent my knees and elbows ,trying to grip the trunk with my knees ,lightly and ride the ????? out ,hope the lad wasnt too shook up ,

Seems like the ground guy coulda let it run just a bit more. Yeah the guy was all about the little hook on his saddle. Is he tied in with a climb line also. I use a flip line with my climb line around the tree. I've had rides like that one in some tall skinny eucalyptus. \rather embarrasing. The plumbers ask if that happens every time. LOL

I take a double wrap around the tree with my buck strap. its just as good as tying in to the trunk. I've rode a couple of pines like that. Not having a groundman who is good on a rope really sucks. I've got a great ropesman. You've gotta have someone you trust. There is a guy down here who ropes his own limbs down. He uses a figure eight tied to the tree right next to him. Then he gets the homeowner to untie the rope for him.

TreeMike said:
Then he gets the homeowner to untie the rope for him.

And what if theres no homeowner? Descend after every cut? Thats what I do. Seriously. Not really. I'm not joking. I'm just kidding, or am I . . . :dizzy:

If the home owner isn't there he will take up two ropes. Then use both ends of the ropes. Thats four limbs to rope down. Then go down and untie if needed.

TreeMike said:
If the home owner isn't there he will take up two ropes. Then use both ends of the ropes. Thats four limbs to rope down. Then go down and untie if needed.

that sounds a little assinine, doesnt it? getting in four cuts before coming down is sort of a hassle and a waste of energy. but whatever floats your dingy i guess.

I say a ground guy that runs rope, almost has your trust, hustles brush, chips brush, knows his knots, and cleans the whole yard is getting paid well.
Paid well so that tom foolery superman stunts stay on the big screen.
I still love it. The flying part.

Latest posts

Back