Viewing Super splitter or DR Rapidfire splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakesideC1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am interested in viewing ether a Super splitter or DR Rapidfire splitter. If you have one of these splitters, I would like to visit you to see it running.
I am located in Granby , CT and would be willing to drive within a 1 hr.

I have some black birch that would be yours for your time.

PM me with your contact info if your interested.

Thanks Mike

You are welcome to come test drive mine. But south central Missouri is a bit of a drive. :msp_smile:

BTW, if I ever need to get another splitter, I'd go right back to Super Split! Paul is super to deal with and builds a bullet prof machine.

I am interested in viewing ether a Super splitter or DR Rapidfire splitter. If you have one of these splitters, I would like to visit you to see it running.
I am located in Granby , CT and would be willing to drive within a 1 hr.

I have some black birch that would be yours for your time.

PM me with your contact info if your interested.

Thanks Mike

A friend of mine has one that's only a few years old. Great machine. I don't know how far Granby is from Plymouth but I'm sure Mike wouldn't mine your checking it out. If you ran this you'd want one believe me!

It looks like its time for a road trip to SuperSplit.
Good to hear, that Paul has done right with his customers.

South Central Missouri and Plymouth Mass. sound nice ,but I think its time to kick the tires at the dealers.

The wood spliter journey continues !

It looks like its time for a road trip to SuperSplit.
Good to hear, that Paul has done right with his customers.

South Central Missouri and Plymouth Mass. sound nice ,but I think its time to kick the tires at the dealers.

The wood spliter journey continues !

I am a relatively new Super Split owner who crossed over from the "other" side. I haven't split a lot of wood with my new Super Split, but I can tell you without a doubt that the Super Split is far above the "other" brand as far as quality and customer service is concerned! Spend the extra money...purchase a Super Split!

P.Williamson

I am a relatively new Super Split owner who crossed over from the "other" side. I haven't split a lot of wood with my new Super Split, but I can tell you without a doubt that the Super Split is far above the "other" brand as far as quality and customer service is concerned! Spend the extra money...purchase a Super Split!

P.Williamson

Please note the OP asked about DR or SS. You have said you are happy with SS but not an "other" brand. Given the OP's reference of only two brands, they may reasonably assume you are meaning SS is far superior to DR in quality and service.

Is that the impression you wish to give the OP? If so, Id certainly ask you to substantiate that claim so we may learn where DR falls short.

cheers.

Please note the OP asked about DR or SS. You have said you are happy with SS but not an "other" brand. Given the OP's reference of only two brands, they may reasonably assume you are meaning SS is far superior to DR in quality and service.

Is that the impression you wish to give the OP? If so, Id certainly ask you to substantiate that claim so we may learn where DR falls short.

cheers.

Let me clarify...the "other" brand I am referring to is NOT a DR. I know nothing about the DR, as I have never owned or used one.

P.W.

Let me clarify...the "other" brand I am referring to is NOT a DR. I know nothing about the DR, as I have never owned or used one.

P.W.
thanks for that. the other brand being a speeco speedpro kinetic splitter from TSC? The impression I get is there isn't much between SS and DR in quality or service so didn't want the original poster to think DR was seriously worse than SS, in all fairness to DR.

thanks for that. the other brand being a speeco speedpro kinetic splitter from TSC? The impression I get is there isn't much between SS and DR in quality or service so didn't want the original poster to think DR was seriously worse than SS, in all fairness to DR.

Affirmative.

My SpeedPro is still running !

Running a mechanical splitter full throttle tears these units up, slamming the rack into the pinion at high rpms is the reason.

Last edited:
My SpeedPro is still running !

Running a mechanical splitter full throttle tears these units up, slamming the rack into the pinion at high rpms is the reason.

True with the speedpro, but not so with the Super Split. I run mine full throttle when the wood is tough. But usually 1/2-2/3rds throttle most of the time.

I'd buy a Super right now, if I didn't already have one! :msp_smile:

I have the DR, never ran a Super Split. But I baby the DR now, so if I had to do it over again, I would go SS. Heck, DR pretty much copied their design anyway, so why not go with the original?

I have the DR, never ran a Super Split. But I baby the DR now, so if I had to do it over again, I would go SS. Heck, DR pretty much copied their design anyway, so why not go with the original?

My thoughts exactly! So far haven't been disappointed with SuperSplit, but I really haven't given it a fair trial yet...I need to cut some wood and really put it to the test!

Latest posts

Back