Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I call the "Tank" of chainsaws in my collection. Heavy and rugged and kind of slow compared to modern saws but has good torque. It's my only saw with the stack exhaust and the manual oiler is in an interesting spot. The bar is painted to match the power head. I don't know if this was sold this way or a limited edition or a dealer did it or maybe the old man I got it from painted it. All I know is the 90 something year old man said it was his first saw and a few years later he bought the Xl903 from the local Homelite dealer because of less weight and decomp and it had a 24" bar compared to the 16" on the C-52. Anyways here's some pictures I hope everyone will enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Here is what I call the "Tank" of chainsaws in my collection. Heavy and rugged and kind of slow compared to modern saws but has good torque. It's my only saw with the stack exhaust and the manual oiler is in an interesting spot. The bar is painted to match the power head. I don't know if this was sold this way or a limited edition or a dealer did it or maybe the old man I got it from painted it. All I know is the 90 something year old man said it was his first saw and a few years later he bought the Xl903 from the local Homelite dealer because of less weight and decomp and it had a 24" bar compared to the 16" on the C-52. Anyways here's some pictures I hope everyone will enjoy.
LOL, I owned a C51 several years ago as my "big saw", it did get the job done....eventually!, surprised I can still hear!, mine had the stack on it as well.....;)

If I had to call one a tank it'd be my JD 70v. It's a beast. Rebranded echo cs-701vl. I love it. But then again the stihl 041 is a big body tank as well. Too much love in my heart to pick just one lol. Can't wait to see a super in my collection.

Nice saw. Don't blame the guy for wanting something lighter, and probably quieter also lol. Pretty Homie 750 in the corner too, love the styling on that series.

Nice saw. Don't blame the guy for wanting something lighter, and probably quieter also lol. Pretty Homie 750 in the corner too, love the styling on that series.
I also love that style of saws. If I win big on a scratch ticket I would like a 65o, 550 and other saws like the 750. At some point I will clean the dust off the 750 and give it a new photo shoot and share it here.

WHAT???
DID YOU SAY SOMETHING???
Hearing is overrated...[emoji23]
Hearing loss is one thing but Tinnitus is the worst experience. When I was younger I went out with a group of buddies to shoot handguns and shotguns and rifles at a sand pit and I forgot hearing protection and for about a year I had a constant high pitch ringing in my ears. I couldn't stand silence because all I heard was ringing. To sleep at night I needed multiple fans running and tv or radio on to forget about that annoying ringing.

Well shoot! Looks like I might have to get a new laptop instead of a 660 kit soon. Grrr, it's driving me up the wall doing silly stuff. I didn't want to buy one so soon again, but what can I do. Electronics, gota love em and hate em at the same time.

Hearing loss is one thing but Tinnitus is the worst experience. When I was younger I went out with a group of buddies to shoot handguns and shotguns and rifles at a sand pit and I forgot hearing protection and for about a year I had a constant high pitch ringing in my ears. I couldn't stand silence because all I heard was ringing. To sleep at night I needed multiple fans running and tv or radio on to forget about that annoying ringing.
Yeah it's no joke. Didn't use any hearing protection from about 11 to 16 mowing and such and now I got tinnitus. It sucks, but I rarely find it to be a big problem. Now I am very religious about earmuffs, sad I didn't learn earlier. Live and learn I guess.

Does the alpina pull start in the picture go to a saw of yours? Or is it a spare. If it is a spare I would be interested in buying it. Thanks
PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'all remember when I told ya about the story of my C-52 a few pages back?
Well, the guy that gave me the saw showed up at my front door yesterday and handed me this:
35a095022d126324c3c0980ef5b29d89.jpg

He said he found it and thought I could use it since I have the saw...[emoji41]

Well, the guy that gave me the saw showed up at my front door yesterday and handed me this:
Get outa here! That's awesome! I have really grown to liking those old manuals from the tools, almost as cool as the tool itself. 68' was also a couple of years ago too.

35a095022d126324c3c0980ef5b29d89.jpg

I enjoy getting. The original manual to saws. It makes me feel better about the saw knowing they cared enough to keep the manual that is probably been well cared for

Latest posts

Back