Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e004a73ba07c70eeb3ed1055e88919d4.jpg
ff65984b2ef5e023d6d066857c157d28.jpg
409ed34e4cec7f5f48443ebcf0d5793a.jpg

Craftsman 2.3 has a broken fin... the one the recoil catch uses for the spring... any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The points and electronic ignition saws are different flywheels, I have on for an electronic saw

I've considered the 372 huztl but I just can't do it
I never though I would do mine, but the opportunity arose for the learning experience and I wouldn't trade that experience I've gained for a new saw. It was really the only way I was going to get a larger saw too, as the 017 is perfectly capable for handling 95% of everything I do.

I was dead against them from the get go, but i kinda changed my tune. I bought the 070 to run on a mill, if id bought a NOS stihl 070 theres no way i could bring myself to run it on a mill, i dont have to feel bad about abusing the huztl 070.

I too have been looking at the build kits, specifically the 660 and the 372, mostly as training exercises.

My big gripe is the guys who try to pass them off as legit. If you want to build a clone then do it, but dont dare pass it off as oem.

Its like saying you have a Colt 1911, when really its a Norinco. Buy whichever you want but be man enough to call it what it is its either real, or its not.

Same feelings here. I don't abuse it, but it's nice to be able to. If I had bought a genuine, I probably wouldn't have a heart to put it on a mill. Passing them off as genuine saws though is what gets me. Fine if you sell it (it's hard though) but label it what it is.

Back