Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Super 250 models had the additional holes in the black AF cover.

The model and serial number are stamped in the crankcase on the bottom of the saw. They finally decided this one was destined to be a 1-76 with Serial number 9515.

numbers 1.jpg

Later model saws had a serial number tag either in the air box or near the oil tank on front tank models but your should still be stamped like the photo here.

Mark

The Super 250 models had the additional holes in the black AF cover.

The model and serial number are stamped in the crankcase on the bottom of the saw. They finally decided this one was destined to be a 1-76 with Serial number 9515.

View attachment 600034

Later model saws had a serial number tag either in the air box or near the oil tank on front tank models but your should still be stamped like the photo here.

Mark
You beat me to it, once again. I believe that both of my large frame Macs both have multiple model numbers stamped onto the case. Wouldn't it have been easier to just stamp it once when it was going into a saw vs several times in between?

Yes indeed, the full wrap handle bar (I overlooked that in my first glance) would clearly indicate the 1-51, 1-52, or 1-53. Nice 87 cc saw with lots of guts but no automatic chain oiler.

Here is a photo of my 1-51.

DSC00820.JPG

The 1-52/53 had bearings in the piston for the wrist pin, earlier models were simply bushings. Some had Tillotson (HL) carburetors but many more were the McCulloch Mac carburetors by Walbro.

Mark

This one has a tillotson that looks to be in really good shape. Now that I know what it's is I'll find sum parts and try to get it running. I was amazed how good the compression was in it when I bumped it a few times. So hopefully it will be a good runner.

Thanks again to all for the help. If I can return the favor in the future I will.

This one has a tillotson that looks to be in really good shape. Now that I know what it's is I'll find sum parts and try to get it running. I was amazed how good the compression was in it when I bumped it a few times. So hopefully it will be a good runner.

Thanks again to all for the help. If I can return the favor in the future I will.
Only favor you can do to repay us is become a regular in this thread!;) All of us would be tickled pink if you did.

Definitely I'll try to contribute as much as I can. I'm pretty new to the vintage saws but I'm am getting the bug. I'll keep you all posted to the progress.
Hey I only started a little over a year ago. Cannot believe where I have come from to where I am now. You just wait until the CAD kicks in, the bug will get you soon enough.

Told my wife that I wouldn't mind going antique saw hunting at the flea market, she told me about a place that has antiques, then she said Saws, don't you have enough, said no, I like restoring them. Got to have a hobby.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Told my wife that I wouldn't mind going antique saw hunting at the flea market, she told me about a place that has antiques, then she said Saws, don't you have enough, said no, I like restoring them. Got to have a hobby.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Exactly!

Back