Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no true allegiance lol. I’m actually selling a Stihl [emoji15]
Im actually in favor of Huskys. The biggest reason is availability of parts, locally and online. Im shocked at how well Stihl has the market locked down. NOT knocking Stihl as I have owned my share and still have my 441 which is now my only Stihl besides my pole saw and I love (can I say that) that saw.

Im actually in favor of Huskys. The biggest reason is availability of parts, locally and online. Im shocked at how well Stihl has the market locked down. NOT knocking Stihl as I have owned my share and still have my 441 which is now my only Stihl besides my pole saw and I love (can I say that) that saw.

Just got my first pro husky a bit ago, 576xp. I love it! I do favor Stihls but I like anything that is fun to run really. If it’s not enjoyable to run then I don’t have time for it. Can’t wait to get my Macs back up

Just got my first pro husky a bit ago, 576xp. I love it! I do favor Stihls but I like anything that is fun to run really. If it’s not enjoyable to run then I don’t have time for it. Can’t wait to get my Macs back up
Funny you say that. Dont let my 441 know but the reason she really hasnt been on the field lately is due to my 576xp being moved up to the A string. lol.
I got his one for $80. Cleaned up the jug and dropped a new Piston in, resprayed and sticker (which added HP by the way) for clutch cover and shes a beast. Past owner bought it and his worker ran a bad mix.
150c080625c885c165338cf6c5799675.jpg
63819994f6d32abe90b4ea941c64ebbb.jpg
b3731363887ceda7d0916dda8c4f32a3.jpg
c5ae279edb7bccd6a661155398799a20.jpg

Funny you say that. Dont let my 441 know but the reason she really hasnt been on the field lately is due to my 576xp being moved up to the A string. lol.
I got his one for $80. Cleaned up the jug and dropped a new Piston in, resprayed and sticker (which added HP by the way) for clutch cover and shes a beast. Past owner bought it and his worker ran a bad mix.
Beautiful!

That’s a hell of a steal!!!

Got the McCulloch super pro 81 with a 28" bar today! Nice complete condition. Had NO spark. Thoroughly cleaned it and removed the flywheel and all ignition (condenser & points) cleaned and re-gapped points, checked ohms on the condenser. Put the flywheel on and spun her up with my drill and what a spark it has now. When I get home tonight I am gonna go through the carb and hopefully she will fire up tomorrow. I will post pictures tomorrow, forgot to take them before I broke it down. This is my FIRST real vintage saw and I must say it is just a mechanical beast of metal.

Got the McCulloch super pro 81 with a 28" bar today! Nice complete condition. Had NO spark. Thoroughly cleaned it and removed the flywheel and all ignition (condenser & points) cleaned and re-gapped points, checked ohms on the condenser. Put the flywheel on and spun her up with my drill and what a spark it has now. When I get home tonight I am gonna go through the carb and hopefully she will fire up tomorrow. I will post pictures tomorrow, forgot to take them before I broke it down. This is my FIRST real vintage saw and I must say it is just a mechanical beast of metal.
Well congratulations! And welcome to the nut house lol, cause it only gets crazier from here!

Well congratulations! And welcome to the nut house lol, cause it only gets crazier from here!
Ive had a lot of different saws, but all newish. I had cad hard and then it seamed to fade off??? Maybe I just got to busy with other stuff, but now its coming back!! Lol when it came to older saws I really liked and appreciated the older Homelites, they remind me of the old Singer sewing machines, which were really pieces of working art. This saw truly looks like it was used very minimally, the paint on the inside is perfect and really was not that grunged up with crud. It cleaned up with not much effort. Think it will come to life tomorrow with ease. Not gonna have time to do the carb tonight as I got home to late. May have to repair the tank if it leaks due to what looks like a impact split the metal, find out if she leaks with the fuel in it.

There's a pair of Clinton saws for sale there they look to be in great condition. The guy won't ship them unfortunately

I can pick them up for you if you'd like and ship them your way... I have a big Clinton as well if you like that kind of thing [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back