Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figure this is the place for experts on old saws :D
I'm looking for a little more info on this mid '60s Remington 6P.
What is this chain? (scroll down to end of thread) definitely Mcc but don't know which.
What brand bar? doesn't look like what I've found so far, pic wise, for Remingtons then.
thanks!
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/remington-6p-pneumatic-chainsaw-f-s.314339/
I have a big Remington Super 660 that has a big roller nosed bar that was made by Remington, so that might just be a stock bar, and that looks like some big Saw Chain, maybe 5/8 or 1/2 chipper, those pneumatic saws are pretty cool, that’s definitely the largest I e ever seen.

@happysaws knows more about Remington and Mall chainsaws than most of us and I’m sure he will be along at some point. There are a lot of older more experienced guys here too that follow the thread but don’t talk as much that might chime in and share some of their infinite wisdom as well.

I figure this is the place for experts on old saws :D
I'm looking for a little more info on this mid '60s Remington 6P.
What is this chain? (scroll down to end of thread) definitely Mcc but don't know which.
What brand bar? doesn't look like what I've found so far, pic wise, for Remingtons then.
thanks!
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/remington-6p-pneumatic-chainsaw-f-s.314339/

The chain is definitely McCulloch brand 1/2" pitch round-filed full-chisel...

That is not a Remington bar, probably an Oregon or Torrington bar that was heavily modified to fit the 6P.

can anyone explain this problem the revs on the cs302 were hanging and it wouldnt idle so i used a littlle gasket sealer on the carb on the piece that connects to the engine now it runs well and cuts well but its at full revs at half throttle and at full throttle it bogs and kills its self and yes i have adjusted the h screw properly

Check your fuel lines as well, I’ve seen similar conditions where it would get starved for fuel and rev up because it was sucking more air than fuel, which has the same symptoms as an air leak, so I would definitely start from the engine back and replace all the gaskets and check your intake block for cracks, I don’t know if that Saw is a reed valve Saw but if it is you need to check the reeds also.

It was a good weekend here... Added a couple good people to my family. Fwgsaw on the forum who has some Echos that I would commit some serious atrocities to own and Ken a local collector of curiosities. Fwgsaw needed a hand with a couple saws he bought from a Ken who happens to be local to me. I picked the saws up and had some great conversations with the seller. Fwgsaw scored with this pair of Clinton CS323s one looks like it might have cut one log up and the other one was used heavier but taken care of! Fwgsaw made me an offer I.couldnt refuse... Ship him the cherry saw and the other one is mine to keep. It's not an Echo but it's a.super cool old saw in decent condition for its age so I opted in. Here are some pictures of the pair.
3eebdf2b33d334688b65b8178dbb74ab.jpg
6b4ec7d856b2dff3086d3ac9b5bc760c.jpg
3c5ef8c8441d453b03422963019058cf.jpg
367b0df11d50b9b44491de68173f4d59.jpg
e022c79e7730c667486e69dd84119de0.jpg
35f9d6d48d6b99a12843484404e303d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they had a bigger eye roll emoji for you and that 10-10s lol. I'm just teasing you, just a little jealous. Side affects of CAD I guess.

It’s all good. If it makes you feel better it’s all original and I’d go as far to say as I’m the first to ever crack open the fuel tank so I have to replace gasket and fuel filter. Even the bar says McCulloch still. How depressing is that [emoji57]. Oh and I only paid in the double digits so it’s obviously trash

Latest posts

Back