Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....mmmm, I smell money making time.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Speaking of money making time, I think I just might have to move to Florida to open a tree care service. My Grandma lives by Ft. Meyers and her mango tree got damaged in the recent hurricane.
Well, she called a tree care service to come clean up the tree for her.

She ended up paying $1,850 to have the tree cut up and piled in her yard; they wanted another $300 to haul it away. It was not even a big tree.

Just think, do 6 or so trees per day for a few years at half that price, then move to Louisiana where the cost of living is relatively low and retire at 40.[emoji108][emoji857]

Speaking of money making time, I think I just might have to move to Florida to open a tree care service. My Grandma lives by Ft. Meyers and her mango tree got damaged in the recent hurricane.

She ended up paying $1,850 to have the tree cut up and piled in her yard; they wanted another $300 to haul it away. It was not even a big tree.

Just think, do 6 or so trees per day for a few years at half that price, then move to Louisiana where the cost of living is relatively low and retire at 40.[emoji108][emoji857]

That sounds more like people taking advantage of others to me. Could be an everyday price but doesn’t sound right to me

More like able-bodied people taking advantage of the elderly.

In this case definitely. But I have a feeling that “taking advantage of” if rampant over there right now. I know lots of local tree companies were overwhelmed her and over there so they ramped up prices and others cane in charging outrageous fees

Bought this David Bradley today. It seems to have plenty of compression but the previous owner (who inherited it) couldn't get it started. I'll tinker with it tomorrow...

Can anyone ID this? The only number I've found is cast in the bottom and not yet readable. No tags are attached.
uF-zjw_KN8BgVO_IzWUXfSn0KKG0MyEg_Y1Op6nxgJ_8XLjgnSXtKxY0ORCPSse_HEqIYqsE6WIf_CnKXvOoUSvmjgfkIdenj1EhwcnsEV6FhOByhV__6rfJEvqO4YpgWyEgL6oXVcjSbYpo0Q414s4WQUKB3tKvA3ecSJB_AaNAWH4uReqk7tpZfzNRlu_T3lnigZjEHVbnWY6Qnt3FXV-ARlsT37qtBRTsnDnQ43HSjT4wig4QTQgH3gzuqAUGF8fG-80bj0_WwkaMo1ihl2pPSVasHwmLDtnCoFosKMFCDbBD2GQm295sN1lvu_lHwVfskZi8JLAvlDcZqa8P5pOScMkXuwZxk6_xzgBmP9lyCtlRvgDBTYcRB2kjxNToh5SaxYQ1yEmxezvuTj4oS-NeYNlli3C4iWg0ZSEEV1mXSVQ2wyGi9DqVMtIanp9skPdpOohea4P8w_3K1nPQvPqtGkuRUy-KNvWO_X-qD7YpsGSHQTIsVODg2gD04nsmqDQEgCPxiSVYYVr3y6j5lh19m6YkEYXHIwScpF9BgXlsn99fkBsF5eGkyIUi2TUeJ6UWVTLktyb4RCGJy0WaMbna9FqJFioFA2pERwucaSYq4-agi93iAmS39xK3LvWdVKaYCdK46dgiI4NSrgV0dcm-bDATiy6rUkGe=w1366-h699-no

Thats just another example of price gouging. Everytime theres a storm now, there is always someone raising there prices on what ever service or supply you need. Call it "supply and demand" but that is just ripping off the naive

Like 22 ammo, was no big demand til the government decided to buy it up for training, ammo dried up and we demanded it, then they just jacked up the price and made it hard to get. Used to get cci blazer for $21 a brick, won't see it that cheap any more. Ammo is available now but thats it, no cheap ammo, and Remington 22 ammo has gotten sorryer.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

The chain is definitely McCulloch brand 1/2" pitch round-filed full-chisel...

That is not a Remington bar, probably an Oregon or Torrington bar that was heavily modified to fit the 6P.

thanks, that's what I was thinking on the bar...looks modified
found some Torrington bar/tip pics but mine doesn't have any sort of markings on it at all so no help there. chainsawcollectors.se /phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=8734&start=15
(found via search, 'torrington chainsaw bar')

Also, the chain is oiled via holes in the sprocket, between each tooth, rather than through pickup holes in the bar itself. It may very well be a Remington bar because of this since it has no visible oil travel means.
Or, did Ore or Torr make bars with no oil pickup holes?

what does the #30 on each raker designate? .063g or 'round-filed'? One poster though it might be a sq file type due to some marks on the cutters. Or...it was filed sq early on in its life then was filed with round file or somewhat rounded grind wheel.

thanks, that's what I was thinking on the bar...looks modified
found some Torrington bar/tip pics but mine doesn't have any sort of markings on it at all so no help there.
********************************/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=8734&sid=ad724502987636e6020a6f103cdc393b

Also, the chain is oiled via holes in the sprocket, between each tooth, rather than through pickup holes in the bar itself. It may very well be a Remington bar because of this since it has no visible oil travel means.
Or, did Ore or Torr make bars with no oil pickup holes?

what does the #30 on each raker designate? .063g or 'round-filed'? One poster though it might be a sq file type due to some marks on the cutters. Or...it was filed sq early on in its life then was filed with round file or somewhat rounded grind wheel.

The "#30" on each raker designates that the rakers are supposed to be filed 0.030" below the height of the cutter teeth. It does not designate anything else.

Any numbers on the drive teeth (the part of the chain that rides in the bar) would help further identify the chain.

Not sure on the bar with no oil pickup hole(s), but that is definitely not a Remington bar, simply because it does not have a Remington or Mall roller tip.

Although the chain may have originally been square-filed, it appears that it has always been a round-filed full-chisel chain.

Full-chisel does NOT mean square-filed, they are two different things.

Hope this helps!

The "#30" on each raker designates that the rakers are supposed to be filed 0.030" below the height of the cutter teeth. It does not designate anything else.

Any numbers on the drive teeth (the part of the chain that rides in the bar) would help further identify the chain.

Not sure on the bar with no oil pickup hole(s), but that is definitely not a Remington bar, simply because it does not have a Remington or Mall roller tip.

Although the chain may have originally been square-filed, it appears that it has always been a round-filed full-chisel chain.

Full-chisel does NOT mean square-filed, they are two different things.

Hope this helps!
drive portion of each DL is worn and I can't find any #s at all. Maybe try acid etch? like they use to bring up filed down serial #s?
I agree on not a Remington bar after some research...tips are completely different on all that I've seen.

does anyone have old Remington manuals that might have info on this thing?

drive portion of each DL is worn and I can't find any #s at all. Maybe try acid etch? like they use to bring up filed down serial #s?
I agree on not a Remington bar after some research...tips are completely different on all that I've seen.

does anyone have old Remington manuals that might have info on this thing?
I have lots of old Remington chainsaw manuals, let me go dig them out.

I have lots of old Remington chainsaw manuals, let me go dig them out.
I found one of these fs just now on a site I've never heard of, LOL
42" bar, extra chain, etc...$880 :confused:
the thing looks mint, sheesh.

from pics it looks like the Mall version uses only 3 bolts to secure the bar while Remington uses 5.
interesting.

If the Saw was set up for under water use it would not need a means to oil the bar because the water would be the lubricant

Latest posts

Back