Vintage combination screw taper with countersink

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoking

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This isn't a strictly arborist thing, but I like this forum. I found these things in my mother's shed. Looks pretty old. Any thoughts about how to use them and whether or not they are worth putting to use would be appreciated. Obviously, the rust may have made them fairly useless, but hard to know until I try. See photos

Attachments

• 20220523_154727.jpg
    20220523_154727.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220523_154722.jpg
    20220523_154722.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220523_154749.jpg
    20220523_154749.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
I picked up a set of those at a garage sale. I think I paid $3. Haven't used them yet. I like using the W.L. Fuller line of drill/countersinks bits. They are a lot more money though.

Hello everyone,

This isn't a strictly arborist thing, but I like this forum. I found these things in my mother's shed. Looks pretty old. Any thoughts about how to use them and whether or not they are worth putting to use would be appreciated. Obviously, the rust may have made them fairly useless, but hard to know until I try. See photos
If you just want to clean'em up, soak'em in some warm white vinegar with a little salt added in. Brush'em off every so often, but DO keep check on the progress. I kinda over did it with some older auger bits. Not good!

Right on, yeah. I find it interesting that they are flat. I guess I might experiment and see how they do in practice and also how to secure them snug in a modern contraption... I mean drill.

Latest posts

Back