Vintage Homelite parts source

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
albngore

albngore

ArboristSite Lurker
I don't believe the following will step on any AS sponsors' toes, but if it does just remove this post from the site. I found a nice, helpful guy who supplied me with a muffler for a 30+ year-old Homelite XL-123. Contact info: Bill Wolcott, 785-562-3539, email: [email protected]. There have been a few posts here seeking old Homelite parts, and in fact one enquiry of mine resulted in an AS participant putting me onto Bill Wolcott. I sure appreciated the contact information for my part needs and I am hoping that I can help others similarly situated.
Thanks.

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do you mind if I ask how much Bill charged for the muffler? I almost dealt with him a few years ago, but very quickly found lower prices for what I needed. He seemed to be offended that I didn't buy parts from him. All I had asked was if parts were available and if so how much he wanted. In any case he is a source of Homelite parts.

Dan

albngore

albngore

ArboristSite Lurker
Reply to Dan

Don't mind telling you the cost was $18.50 and Bill was most kind throughout the transaction, even calling me several times to keep me informed what he found. I got the muffler yesterday and it was just as he described, used but in excellent condition, complete with original screws both for the muffler body and the external cover. I would easily do business with him again.

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks for the reply. One more question, was the muffler a stock Homelite part that looked like the original one or was it an aftermarket part?

Dan

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oops, my aplogies, I didn't read well that it was a used muffler. Please ignore my last post. That's not a bad price if was in good shape and its an original part.

Thanks again,
Dan