Vintage saw pricing at Ohio auction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As posted on this board an auction here last Saturday with LOTS of vintage saws, here is listing from paper to give you an idea of what was there and what they brought.

VINTAGE CHAINSAW COLLECTION: Approx 40 to include (2) Titans, Mall 12-A, 2 MG, 29-830 elect., Mall 2- man; David Bradley 355; Eclipse Wasp 700; Wright C-70, B-520; Diston DA 211 2-man; Chore Master 3-B; MW 1332-A; Lombardo 1975; Ramb saw; (7) Homelites models 4-20, 5-20, 6-22, 7-19, 17, Wiz Zip; McCullogh Super 33; Homelite Super 1130 G w/ 42î bar; 17 boxes of new saw chain; boxes of old chainsaw parts & chains, etc.

Appoximately 40 was more like 60 but I didnt count. Almost all were complete with good bars and chains and looked like a splash of fuel and 15 minures work would have them running. No junkers except a few in boxes. 2 14' Wagons were loaded with saws and the auctioneer sold choice for a short while on each wagon. The Homey 1130G was a dandy and brought over $300. A few more were sold in the $25-$50 range and then high bidder could take as many as he wanted. One guy took the rest of the wagon for less than $10 each. Macs were not a hot commodity and one guy bought a whole string of them for less than $50, at least ten saws. Lots of NOS saw chain from Zip-Pen and others, maybe 20 unopened rolls and 20 partials, sold by the roll and take as many as you want. I needed some 1/2" .063 and there was four full rolls. I ran the chain to $15 and quit hoping the dude who got it for $20 wouldn't take what I wanted but he took it all. Man I kicked myself for not getting the chain! I didnt buy a thing, I blew my wad on my other hobby (antique farm machinery) before they got to the saws. Anybody who wanted some old saws missed out here I think? I realy dont know that much about antique saw prices. Anybody from here go? Was looking for a dude that looked like his name would be Al Smith, but didnt see anybody that looked right, LOL

I'm not going to like the answer, but any idea what the Disston DA-211 went for? Or did it wind up in a package deal? And last but not least, why in //// did you not bid more for the chain???

Just pulling your leg a bit...aw ra best!

I dont know my Distons but the two man Diston brought like $50. I think only one saw brought much over 50, the mentioned Homey. As for the chains? I had a dumb a$$ attack, what can I say?

Latest posts

Back