Virus Alert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
I know this isn't about chainsaws but I wanted to inform everyone about the BLASTER virus. If you are using any of these operating systems then by almeans go to the link below and download the patch that you need.

The internet has slown down 50% this afternoon, I know most have anti virus but patch the machine out anyway. On the 16th the virus will trigger a payload and you won't be able to budge or update. DOS

Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Services Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

Enjoy,
Happy Hacker

I already got it. (Yesterday)

Spent half the evening getting things in order. A buddy of mine is an I.T. guy @ Georgia Tech, so he saved me.

Screw Win-Blows....

I run Linux...

No BLUE screens of death or three-finger-salutes necessary.

Think I'm over the stings, talk about feeling itchy! Had some severe nodules erupting from here to Hell's Half Acre, and why wouldn't they be? Think it was Benedrille that did something, however, Denidrille isn't the cause of bee stings.
John, the Theualogin

safety equipment

Hello little leroy,
Theres been a number of posts before warning you about not wearing the right saftey equipment
when I go timber falling I always wear Lynda's beekeepers suit and headgear over my headgear. Work safe john
as always'
ken

Hi Ken, it was kinda a freak thing, I buffed out the laneway for the log truck with my Stihl pole saw, then appealing to farmers request, limbed, multiple leaders off Maple, wore bees nest.
After making it thru this one, I feel everything else is Heaven on Earth.
John, the not so Hoby Joby.

Originally posted by netree
Screw Win-Blows....

I run Linux...

No BLUE screens of death or three-finger-salutes necessary.
Amen.  I had one box nigh unto 700 days uptime when the power recently went out longer than my UPS could cover.

None of the computers under my supervision have run any form of Microsoft crap for over 6 years.&nbsp; I can't begin to imagine why anyone would boot that junk anywhere but into the circular file.&nbsp; I understand government stuff has already been affected by this "MSBlaster": <a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A49575-2003Aug12?language=printer">MD</a>, (<a href="http://www.sunspot.net/technology/bal-mva-virus0812,0,856507.story?coll=bal-local-headlines">again</a>), and even in <a href="http://www.nbc10.com/technology/2400607/detail.html">Philadelphia</a>.

Glen

Why do people use windows because that's all they know, shouild they all be punished NO. For someone to stop using Windows and use Linux "it ain't going to be easy"

Me I'm a Linux man but that's from years of fooling with it. Everything has it's short commings and so does Linux. Glen even today there are fights and court battles in the Linux community. Don't be fooled it's all about money. Show me a man that doesn't want a raise and I'll show you a loser.

Mark,

Is Windows 98 affected by this? I sure hope not, I can never complete online downloads...there's always something 'missing'.

Thanks for the link, my husband said their work shut down while all the computers got 'updated' yesterday.

Che

PS John, get yourself one of those little 'pen like' things of ammonia and throw it in the truck to have on hand. REALLY helps for bee stings!! They're available in drugstores here (ex: at Rite Aide right next to the cheap beer)

Mark, have you seen where the SCO execs are dumping their stock?&nbsp; http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Aug/08122003/business/83193.asp

This battle, if it ever goes to court, will be a great boon to the GPL since it will give it real teeth that even Microsoft will have to publicly acknowledge.

Most people use Windows because that's all they know because they can't buy a computer without it.

Glen

Hi Mark, my system is in trouble to, every 5 minutes the whole system shuts down. I defraged and scaned for virus, but to no avail.
Che, I think I will get an epupen as you said, just in case. If I use it though, I wont know if I would have died or not, if I hadn,t used it, that

Another computer boob here, but when I tried that it said I need to have at least service pack 2, and I do not have that or something. Now what should I do? I KNOW! I will send MS $29.95 and I am sure it will get fixed somehow right? Just kidding there, but what do I really do

bad news I couldn't get johns pc back up. He has some tricks to try but until he gets some patchs he will be down. He wanted me to tell you all that he can now get somethings done.

Virginal System

Thanks to Mark, I now am up and running again. My PC is purer than the driven snow. Mark talked me thru a system recovery, so everything is fine now.
P.S., Mark, I forgot to ask you, will all my old files be saved on this new system as you said they would be? Cant find them anywhere.
John.
Which Way to the Beech?

Latest posts

Back