Wal-Mart agrees to contribute $25 million to settle gas can explosion lawsuits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think briggs and Stratton makes cans but according to what ivr saw at lowes the replacement s are septor brand from canada.bought a 5 gallon one last year and like it but no one I know is smart enough to operate the unlocking mechanism.2 replacement spouts later its still broke.

Since the non venting cans have been enforced I've spilled more gas than I did with the old ones with the flippy vent and flex spout.The next Blitz cans with the rigid black spout and no flippy vent was a little worse

Yep... Ive spent hours looking at, over-engineering new spouts, vents, ect....

anyone remember the "old ironsides" gas cans that walmart used to sell? i bought one from them in 1987 and still have it. like the saying says; they don't make them like they used to... those plastic gas can suck and YES they do swell-up in the sun and shrink in the cold. i don't trust those things...

Wonder how many jobs were lost when that company went under? Frigging low life lawyers.
I agree the lawyers have some degree of culpability in these foolish lawsuits but most of the time it is the 12 jurors at fault for siding with the "victim" The entitlement mentality that allowed the 12 to agree that some big business being responsible for the dumbasses actions and then rewarding the stupid behavior by giving them a multi-million dollar settlement. I truly think this country needs serious tort reform in the court system.........

I agree the lawyers have some degree of culpability in these foolish lawsuits but most of the time it is the 12 jurors at fault for siding with the "victim" The entitlement mentality that allowed the 12 to agree that some big business being responsible for the dumbasses actions and then rewarding the stupid behavior by giving them a multi-million dollar settlement. I truly think this country needs serious tort reform in the court system.........
Not the court system but perhaps the societal sense of entitlement.

The Blitz cans are 100x better than the **** they have now. Leave a new hippy can out in the sun and it swells up so bad it looks like that girl on Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Or in the cold and it collapses on itself. Nevermind that they flow about as fast as an 80yr old man with prostate trouble and spill all over the place.

I've never used gas from a jug to get a fire going. Diesel, engine oil, etc sure, but using gas is completely stupid.

The Blitz cans were normal cans with a good spout and a vent. Simple and worked fine. They went out of business in the early 2000s? I know it's been a while. I don't think any gas cans are made in the USA anymore, guess it's hard to sue the chinamen.

the flame arrest screen is just a patch on the real problem "stupidity" We have all done stuff that was unsafe and many have got away with it, but to blame the manufacture of the can is just wrong. Its like suing krispy creme for making you fat.
I believe there is civil pending along those lines as be speak ( Krispy Creme)

We have about 20 or 30 of these non venting cans at work and they all have busted nozzles, some are even cracked where the nozzles threads on the can and the others leak out from around the nozzle valve when filling mower tanks. You can buy old style nozzles for water cans at tractor supply that have color coded caps for different liquids yellow being fuel.

Latest posts

Back