Walbro C1M-58C on Homelite UT10946D 45cc clamshell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was given this saw and it's driving me nuts. Cleaned carb with 5x 8 min cycles in USC. New gaskets, diaphragms and needle. Tunes in pretty well on H, L and Idle. It will start easily and run great for 30 secs, then leans out and dies. Can repeat this multiple times. I did not remove the "thermometer looking" welch plug. Could those tiny passage under it be partially clogged causing this behavior? I have a new welch plug but it doesn't look exactly the same - not sure I can get a good seal.

I have experience with these 45cc Power Stroke Homelites. Ive tried new carbs..boots...never had much luck. Then i started testing crankcases...they leak. Usually crank seals..sometimes the clamshell. I always ended up fighting between a saw that either idled or ran so so up top then went way lean. If i fattened it up..it flooded.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Red-85-Z51. Good to hear experience - air leak makes sense. I was considering buying a $20 carb (with a tool, too!) but it jumped to $30. I'm not throwing good money at it. Even if it's running top notch - the plastics are weak compared to a non-strato Poulan. And this carb is very different - impulse, H-L-T screws, choke & throttle. WT-89, MS170, Husky 142 don't come close to matching.

Back