Walbro Carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently rebuilt the Walbro carb on my friend's Mantis tiller. Wouldn't start at all before the rebuild; would start with difficulty after the rebuild. After goofing with it for several weeks I found that it would always start in a few pulls on full choke AND full throttle. Before my friend was ready to throw it over a hill; now he uses it all the time and loves it.

An old school friend of mine showed me away to prime/eliminate a carb problem years ago...If you take a shop rag and dip it in mix and cover the carb intake you can run a machine for several minutes by squeezing out fuel or choking off air...It is a great way to make sure the carb or fuel delivery is the issue...Good Luck...

Last edited:
I rebuilt a Walbro for an old blower 3 times over and it still wouldn't run. Sat on the shelf for the last 2 years. Then I used the diaphragm from the dead blower's carb in my 026 that starts hard. With the "new" diaphragm it wouldn't start at all. Swithced back to the old diaphragm and the saw fired up again.

In other words, the no-starting condition followed a Walbro diaphragm that came new in a rebuild kit, and has no visible defects.

I believe that diaphragms are where some of the ghosts reside, even in new ones.

Sorry Guys no this aint no bogus post. I made the post out of total frustration. I been working on a friends 2 stroke tiller for the past 2 weeks now and it has a walbro carb on it #WT526 and i have rebuilt the carb totally from bottom to top and i still cannot get it running correctly. It starts and runs for about 10 seconds and shuts down. I ahve replacved all the fuel lines everything and still nothing. Then i read on this site somewhere about guys having problems with Walbro carbs how they just seem to have ghosts in them. I figured i woudl post here to maybe get some insight. Thanks.

Is the tiller a mantis tiller ?

bs or no bs... to whomever doesn't like walbro... why? I'd rather have those on a saw than something you struggle to get parts for. I love walbro, haven't had any BIG problems with them myself.

Walbro Carb rebuild

I recently rebuild a carb on my old weedeater. After I got everything put back and the mixture properly set (Low 1-1/4 and High 1-1/2 turn). At first it would not start, then I turn the low 1/2 turn and bingo it started. However it would die when I tried to rev it up. I then turn the low another 1/4 turn and that solved problem. I then adjust the high about 1/4 turn then I adjust the idle speed.

I also found a good youtube video there are three parts

Part 1: Weedeater Carburetor Rebuild & Fuel Line Repair Part 1 of 3 - YouTube

Part 2: Weedeater Carburetor Rebuild & Fuel Line Repair Part 2 of 3 - YouTube

Part 3: Weedeater Carburetor Rebuild & Fuel Line Repair Part 3 of 3 - YouTube

Back