• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy walbro hda-87 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbilz

tbilz

laying wood
Looking for a walbro hda-87 carb for a 262xp build I have going. I have the hda-120 on it now, with the smaller venturi.
I have a nice ported jug on the way and would like yto get the most out of it with a little more fuel. If anybody has one or two lying around I would be glad to buy them off you. Thanks

WheresWally

WheresWally

ArboristSite Operative
Tbilz, can you tell me if this or an equivalent was used on "any" stihl model ? the only reason i ask, i have over 400 carbs in boxes but they have only ever come off stihl saws, so it wouldn't be worth digging if they were a husky only carb. Cheers, Wal.

tbilz

tbilz

laying wood
Can't say that I know if I there is an equivalent carb that was offered on Stihl saws. If anybody else knows maybe they can educate me.

tbilz

tbilz

laying wood
I've been looking there for a while now and haven't come across one yet. If you see another, maybe send me a heads up. I would have dropped the $60 for it.

firefighterwolf

firefighterwolf

ArboristSite Operative
Some time ago I did some research trying to identify other HDA carburetors that had the same size venturi as the HDA-87 (16.66 mm). My thought was that I may be able to use the carb body from another 16.66mm carb and swap out parts from an HDA-120 to essentially make it an 87... mainly the throttle and choke shafts. I never did anything with it and still don't know if it would work.

Anyhow, here are some HDA carbs that have the 16.66mm venturi:

HDA-175
HDA-188
HDA-190
HDA-191
HDA-198
HDA-199

I know the 191 & 199 are from husky 359/357xp and receive pulse through a different passage.

It would make for an interesting thread if someone were able to make it work.

Latest posts