walkerized 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolution

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i was think about getting my 359 with opend muffler walkerized. does anyone have there 359 walkerized? how do you like it?

I'd say walkers is mmm ok. I think you can get a little more bang for your buck else where.

more power
better system balance
same price.

and will it still be reliable in the woods?
who else does a good job?

Every engine from trucks to string trimmers comes with what I like to call horsepower hours. The more horsepower you pump out of them, the shorter the lifespan...PERIOD. Modded saws will perform at a higher output and produce more in a given time period when compared to a stock saw, however, longevity will likely be compromised. It is a trade-off. If you take it in the woods, you will not have to worry about it breaking, however you will likely need to replace pistons, rings, bearings, etc. at more frequent intervals.

Can't comment on who builds a good saw...it's against the rules.

Last edited:
foooed for thawt

Can't comment on who builds a good saw...it's against the rules.

exactly, are you trying to get someone banned?:mad:

I would PM some people that have treated you decent and see who they recommend.

and to add to what josh said. the argument is that you end up cutting the same amount of wood with the saw, you just have a bigger smile on your face doing it. If you are a homeowner or even a parttime pro (side jobs and such) a properly modded 359 will give you a lot of years. I would say 10 years would be a given if you only cut 20 cords or so a year. And I think that might even be modest. Lets assume it takes an hour a cord or even 2 hours 10 years would be 400 total hours. A stock pro saw is rated for 2000 hours to stay emission compliant.

Not really much difference in PMs as the forum server harddrives probably have ears. I dont think at the moment there are any paying sponsors that are advertising saw mods or are walkers sponsors?

There are probably 20 or more people here who could do your saw for you but with all the politics that has gone down no one wants to stick their neck out. As sure as anything the decent woods ported saw is going to get run against one that has been taken further toward a race saw and the word goes out that the person building it did not know what they were doing.

I have saws that show scorching on the piston underside! It will live just fine for me but I would not build that saw for anyone unless I knew for sure they knew the implications in running it. Also that they would not be crying over the loudspeakers if someone with a full race stock appearing saw beat it, which should be a given.

Too many builders have been crusefied over mod deals, some maybe deserved and lots not.

Last edited:
wlkerized 359

Well is there a list of people who mod saws.Or better yet how about a thread and let the modders reply and let the saw owner pick and choose.I am new here and the only name I hear is Walker,so I have no clue who else is out there.Maybe someone is closer so I can save on some shipping

Well is there a list of people who mod saws.Or better yet how about a thread and let the modders reply and let the saw owner pick and choose.I am new here and the only name I hear is Walker,so I have no clue who else is out there.Maybe someone is closer so I can save on some shipping

KD Ken Dunn out west
DN Dave Neiger Mi
EHP Ed Heard Can
PP Dan Henry Pa
WPS Dean Wash
NWCS Ben Wash
Simon ? Can
Walkers ? Can

Then when you really get the bug Bertrand`s hotsaws Can. When woods saws isnt enough anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWp9kYEtPbc

Last edited:
Back