Wallenstein WP830 - Opinions PLEASE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jrider
I store all my wood on pallets and moved my pile to the top of the hill and it seems I have a lot less mold than last yr when the pile was at bottom of hill where there is less wind I just figured there was so much mold cause at the bottom of a 25ft diameter x 12 ft high pile there wasn't any air movement down there. You are the second person that said Craigslist worked well for them I am going to put a listing in tonite. Whadda ya gettin fer a cord these days ? I'm sellin fer $180.

$180 for mixed hardwood
$200 for all oak

Where are you located?

Jrider
Iam in Nottingham and I love it out here still lots of open land the greatest neighbors (I cant see any of them in the summer time) and even now the closest one is 275 yards lots of woods and Amish. I just made a nice score today one of the neighbors has several dead oak and a cherry laying probably 4-5 cords and the best thing is I dont even have to go on any roads to get the wood back to my wood lot

wallenstein

Jimmy sounds great I would like to see some pictures if possiable. I just like to window shop its all I can afford right at the moument Thanks inadvance :rock:

Just took a bunch of pics yesterday and now I got to figure out how to post em stay tuned

wallenstein

I would think that having to split the bigger stuff more than once would slow it down to the point where it really isn't cost effective. Would like to hear how fast you can process a cord of wood where say about half of it needs to be split more than once.

I did a 43' long red oak log yesterday 17" butt and 14" top diameter and it took 63 minutes . Basically every piece had to be split multiple times on the 17" end I was getting 15 to 16 pieces per block and on the 14" end around 12 pieces I figure I got around 5/8s of a cord and it would take me around 90 minutes to do a full cord as soon as I can figure out hoe I will post some pictures

Glad to get the update. I would like to try to do a comparison starting with a standing tree and ending up with a split pile - just out of curiosity. Have never calculated it like that but this year I am keeping track of all time spent cutting/splitting/hauling so I will have a break down once I sell it all next season.

Wallenstein WP 830

Glad to get the update. I would like to try to do a comparison starting with a standing tree and ending up with a split pile - just out of curiosity. Have never calculated it like that but this year I am keeping track of all time spent cutting/splitting/hauling so I will have a break down once I sell it all next season.

Yea now I got to figure my time out in the woods cutting the tree and then bringing it back to my wood lot then the time moving it on to the processor with tractor then the manual loading time then the delivery time when it all gets added up then factor in around 25 k for tractor and splitter Oh yea and another 5 k for dump trailer and truck payment and insurance and fuel Ill be lucky if im makin $15. an hour but one of these days Ill calculate each step so I can come up with a true cost of doing business or maybe I shouldnt cause Ill be too depressed.Nah I have too much fun doin it

I am just counting all of my time involved. I would own everything I own anyway because I cut wood for my mom (2-4 cords a year) my sister (1-2 cords a year) and myself - fireplace and OWB (5-7 cords a year).

I have always been curious as to how much I make an hour, so this year I am keeping track. I have kept track before on sites where I would only cut 10-12 cords but never full scale. And don't worry, I will share no matter how happy or depressed I am.

Latest posts

Back