WANT ONE OF THESE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear1998

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local equipment dealer had there open house today....so I got all the filters for my CS2210 n my simplicity lawn mower. They had some great food and soft drinks..choice of free t shirt or cap.
After I was done eating ....ventured outside to take a gander n saw this...
0309181120.jpg

Thats an Avant wheel loader. Seems like they are real popular with the tree removal companies. Small and compact, does not tear up the turf like a skid loader would when working in a customers back yard. They put grapples on them to remove trunks, limbs from the trees to get them out to the road. I looked at them briefly before we bought our forklift. They make all different sizes of them, that is one of the larger ones, priced between 40-70 grand if I remember correctly for a new one.

Wow! Seems super expensive. Maybe I should be in the tree removal business instead!

40-70k would be cheap for a new mini front end loader.
I've priced a few, they go for that used. Granted that was name brand, never heard of Avant.

From what I understand theyre made in finland n yes startin price is around 40,000

Wow! Seems super expensive. Maybe I should be in the tree removal business instead!
I'm retired from tree work. If I showed up at your house to take out a Dogwood tree, I still had a 3 man crew with close to $200,000 worth of equipment. Check with your DNR and see if you qualify. When I took the MD Tree Expert Exam in 1999, you had to have a 4 year degree in an associated field or 8 years active employment. So, a Wildthing and an S10 won't cut it. Is it worth it? All I do is hunt, fish, and play with my Savage 99's and old saws.

A skid steer can be driven on grass without destroying it, just need to be careful. If the ground is mushy, it's going to make ruts, but so would a mini front end loader or mini excavator.

I had looked into one primarily I liked that the load could be raised and the operator isn't stuck in the cab like with a skid steer. Can lift a log a foot or two off the ground, hop out, cut what you need and move on. Can't do that with a skid steer.

Stepson just bought a Kubota mini for 80k, brand new. Enclosed cab, all the bells and whistles.

I had looked at a couple Volvos, they were around 100k new. The local rental yard has a couple Takahoohies (whatever the spelling is). One they had for sale a year or so ago, had about 4000hrs on it, was still going for 6o or 70k. Sold fairly quick too.

Latest posts

Back