• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to trade bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axlerod74

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am looking for an 18" bar (64DL) with 3\8 pitch and 0.50ga. with the K095 mount. I have a couple options up for trade:

View attachment 310906View attachment 310907

The Efco is an 18" powermatch (68DL) in 3\8. It is 0.50 ga in a K095 mount.

The Jonsered is an 18" Tsumura in .325. It is 0.58ga, 72DL in a K095 mount.

Just looking for an even trade for a 64DL of similar quality.

Not to split hairs but couldn't you swap tips for $10 on the jonsered bar and use it as 18in 058 3/8?

I'll split some hairs, there is really no such thing as a 18" bar with 64DL, its actually more a 17" bar.

You will have to find a Dolmar bar to find that DL count as they were the only ones that I can think of who lied about having a 18" bar with that DL count. :msp_biggrin:

I'm not sure how many dl these require, but did notice it was shorter than 18" bar I was using.

I put a chain on it some time, and see if it fits, or takes a shorter chain.

I'm not sure how many dl these require, but did notice it was shorter than 18" bar I was using.

I put a chain on it some time, and see if it fits, or takes a shorter chain.

I like this one!

I'll split some hairs, there is really no such thing as a 18" bar with 64DL, its actually more a 17" bar.

You will have to find a Dolmar bar to find that DL count as they were the only ones that I can think of who lied about having a 18" bar with that DL count. :msp_biggrin:

You are right, I have used those Dolmar bars before and a 64DL chain barely fits when new. They are a devil to fit on a 5100 until the chain stretches a bit.

GB also made some with that DL count.

Yep. I had an 18" Carlton branded GB bar in the Homelite XL series mount (Oregon D096/D196, Windsor UXL, etc) that worked best with 64DL, at least when on my XL-12 and 3400 with 3/8-7 rims. I ran it with 65DL (as that was the length suggested by Baileys), but it was right at the end of the adjuster range after the chain stretched and settled in. Would have been 'happier' with 64DL. It's on the blue XL-12 (top saw) in this old pic.

100_2156.jpg

photobucket-1941-1347849747362.jpg

photobucket-18451-1347849750434.jpg

Same bar and chain later on a Poulan 3400. You can see that the adjuster is at the end of it's travel there too.

That's a good looking bar!

Thanks. It certainly is. Wish I'd bought a stack of 'em when I had the chance. Got it on clearance from Baileys for something like $16 plus shipping back in 2007. Ran it on two different saws. Traded it to another member here last year. Good bar.

-Aaron

Thanks. It certainly is. Wish I'd bought a stack of 'em when I had the chance. Got it on clearance from Baileys for something like $16 plus shipping back in 2007. Ran it on two different saws. Traded it to another member here last year. Good bar.

-Aaron

I had bought 3 of them in big stihl mount back in the day. Seemed like real good bars.

Pic of 2 of them

Last edited:

I think Jonsered used that length/pattern at one time as well. I have a Tsumura Total Superbar that has Jonsered written on the sleeve. It's very similar to the K095 mount and if I back my chain adjuster almost all the way it will fit my 359. The only problem is that it is nearly impossible to find a chart for Tsumura or Total superbar that explains their part numbering scheme.

I think Jonsered used that length/pattern at one time as well. I have a Tsumura Total Superbar that has Jonsered written on the sleeve. It's very similar to the K095 mount and if I back my chain adjuster almost all the way it will fit my 359. The only problem is that it is nearly impossible to find a chart for Tsumura or Total superbar that explains their part numbering scheme.

You are correct. I have one of these older tsumura bars and interestingly enough, I am running it on my 359 also. It is a terrific match but this bar is well worn and the rails need closing/dressing. I have put it aside for now to look for a replacement but no luck yet. With a 64 DL chain it is a devil to get on the 359, especially a new chain. I made my last one a 65 DL and it went on great. This was the first Tsumura bar I ever ran and I was hooked from there on. I consider these to be very high quality.

You are correct. I have one of these older tsumura bars and interestingly enough, I am running it on my 359 also. It is a terrific match but this bar is well worn and the rails need closing/dressing. I have put it aside for now to look for a replacement but no luck yet. With a 64 DL chain it is a devil to get on the 359, especially a new chain. I made my last one a 65 DL and it went on great. This was the first Tsumura bar I ever ran and I was hooked from there on. I consider these to be very high quality.
I had a machinist lengthen the bar slot so it would fit. I might be willing to part with it but its 58 gauge. I have a ton of oregon chains 73LGX64 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back