Wanted: Ignition coil for 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_andersen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for an ignition coil for my 064. The one that I took out of the saw is marked "CDIC 106/1a". I believe that it has part no 11224001303.

That is just the bosch #. Bosch made the coils for Stihl. I don't know how to cross the Bosch # with the Stihl #....

Thanks guys, I highly appreciate your assistance!

Hautions: The ignition coil that seems not to work has the text "CDIC 106/1a" on it but no part number whatsoever. I believe that this is the original ignition coil that has a speed limiter built in. It would be easier for me if I could find the same type again. I believe that the ignition wire is molded into the coil assembly, so they come together.

Bsnelling: My kill switch wires are ok.

I can take a few photos of the ignition coil that is there now when I get to my workshop tomorrow (after having recovered from new year's eve...).

Maybe I can ask a quick question on the ignition coil diagnosis: I couldn't start the saw (almost broke my back pulling, it has no decompression valve). I took a new spark plug, grounded the threads to the cylinder house, swithched off the light in the room, and pulled a few times. I couldn't see any spark. The kill wires are all intact. It smelled gasoline through the spark plug hole of the cylinder. The saw has been difficult to start for more than a year. My conclusion is that the ignition coil is gone. Do you agree?

At the occasion of the new year's eve, I take the liberty to publish a few off-topic pics related to safety. Happy new year! :cheers:

One more pic in next post

Last edited:
Tom, When I look at the IPL the two coils shown do look different. I'll get a pic of mine today and we can compare notes.

The 1300 coil is on the 044. I think Tom wants the original style with built in rev limiter.

Hautions: The ignition coil that seems not to work has the text "CDIC 106/1a" on it but no part number whatsoever. I believe that this is the original ignition coil that has a speed limiter built in. It would be easier for me if I could find the same type again.

This was Tom's post.

Here are a couple of pics,

Installed

Frontview.jpg

Side view

Sideview.jpg

I writing this for father who is at his house where the electricy is gone due to a big storm. He will write later and send you some pictures. :greenchainsaw:

Hautions- You have the 1122 400 1300 coil on your 064. Our shop has the nickname "dogleg" for that coil. It only works with the 1122 400 1201 flywheel.

T. Anderson- your coil, the 1122 400 1303 CDIC module, only works with either the 1122 400 1204 flywheel, or the 1122 400 1203 flywheel using slot "X". If you wanted to change to the universal module, you'd need either the 1122 400 1201 flywheel or the 1122 400 1203 flywheel that has the two slots, like Stihl_Crazy mentioned and use slot "P".

One of our sponsors, Curt Bailey, has one of the 1303 modules new in his store:064 module

Hi guys,

we had a storm here in Sweden, so electricity, telephone and internet have been down for a while. I spent my time carrying wood to the stove. Now we are back to normal. Thanks for all of your help, I don't know how I would have survived without this site.

Hautions11, it looks as if your coil is not the right one, thanks anyway for going through all of the trouble. I hope that I can be of help to you one day.

Jacob J., I appreciate your advice. I attach a few pics of my old coil. If you see this, I would appreciate if you could confirm that this is the 1303 coil that I can buy from Curt Bailey? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Tom

Back