Warm weather blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mud, ruts, mud, ruts, just no way around it.

Last night, had to use the 4x4 to pull the sonoma from the front of the house after dropping a load of wood downstairs, that little 2wd wheelbarrow is great on gas and as a wood mover, but once the weight is out of the bed, the mud wins.

Today I trailered the tractor to the local tire store. Calcium filled innertubes, but not a job for this diyer, so I let the pros handle it, and it was done in only a few hours. $166, labor and whatever else they did. Money well spent in my book, paid for by one face cord of firewood on saturday, good timing.

I asked about the condition of the tires, " keep running those, plenty of life in them", thanks for the honesty, despited the weathered, cuts, gashes, chunked holes....I'm buying time is all, really.

Managed to get quite a bit of wood split cut on sunday, pulled logs off a pile, measured/cut to size, then split them today during school hours... probably only a cord or two, but its progress.

I don't know what you guys think, but I would rather have little of that snow back than this crap we're getting right now. It must have rained 2-3 inches today and it's still pouring as I type. This sure puts a damper on the wood cutting and hauling. Can only take so much of this. It is February isn't it, not March.

Yep it's coming my way tonight. (rain) Already got quite a bit of ice. Should know the snow back a good bit though.

Wet sloppy mess

The place where I usually cut now has a lot of staning water in spots, 2-4" in or more, and of course, most of the water (and some mud) is on the way back into the woods were I just found some more ash knocked down during a windstorm last year. But once things freeze up again, I'm going to get as much out because once things start to thaw out in the spring, it might be until late April before I can get back there.

Back