Wat do you guys think? 110 or 130?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As a new HOMO-wner, I am in the market for a line trimmer. I will be buying Stihl since I get a good discount on them. My question is; should I get a trimmer (FS) or a Multi task (KM) unit?

I am leaning towards the KM unit, either the 110 or the 130. I like the 130 has a lot more power, but it is also .5lbs heavier. I also like that the attachments are quickly changed out.

The FS is nice because it is cheaper, and the attchments are cheaper. BUT it requires a tool to take them on and off.

What do you guys think I should get?

If you will be purchasing attachments I would want the larger unit.That being said around the house I use a small trimmer because it is very light and I can use it with one hand in tight spots. The larger ones are for large areas, brush cutting edging etc.. but are heavy.

Whatever feels comfortable in your hands. I use the the smallest echo model, the 2100, I think. I use trimmers till they fall apart in my hands.(like every 3-4 years) I have never had one that even needed a sparkplug. Trimmer line and heads need to be replaced but they just run and run and run.

They are basically the same unit, with a slightly larger engine that makes more power. Its like holding a 440 and a 460. Both the same out side, diffenent mechanics, and more wieght.

I guess what I am asking is whats the best for the money? Is the KM worth the extra $$$$$?

Back