Watch out for juanjnunez on eBay!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Check out the auction he has going for this John Deere CS-81 chainsaw. That`s the one that he sold to me! Here`s a quick rundown of the facts.

July 26th- Auction ends and Juan contacts me immediately with a total seeking payment stating that he will ship as soon as he is paid.

I pay immediately via PayPal and my Visa card. I mean with 10 minutes of the auction ending.

August 1st- Haven`t heard from Juan with tracking info as promised, get his contact info via eBay after repaeted attempts to get a response to email. Call his phone # in New jersey only to find out that it hadn`t been in service "for a long time" according to a phone company rep. Now I`m getting pissed. Contact eBay and find that you can`t file a fraud complaint until atleast 30 days after the auction ends but less than 60 days later. They are no help. Also contact PayPal and file a complaint for non-delivery. They try to conatct Juan and after 3 days of no response they institute a reversal of the payment.

August 4th- Juan returns from the dead and contacts me complaining about the chargeback but offering no explaination other than he has 10 days to ship. I remind him of his email, which I saved, promising immediate shipment. He says it will ship today.

August 6th- finally get tracking # because it shipped today.

August 9th- Saw arrives, no time to check it out.

August 10th- Notice inner bucking spike is removed from saw when I remove it from the box, hmmm, seems odd. Then realize that muffler cannot be removed with spike in place. Sure enough, I pull the muffler and the piston is lightly scored. Then I notice the other telltale damage from being partially disassembled. Lying bastard told me the saw was mint and he knew it was damaged. Of course I contact him asap demanding a full refund including shipping since the saw was not sold to me "as is". Suprisingly he agrees but claims to know nothing of the damage. Yeah right! I started the saw and it ran like sh!t.

Wait a few days for a mailing or shipping address.

August 20th- Saw finally returns to Juan, he no longer will communicate with me. No refund either!

Today Jacob contacted me and asked if I`d seen the auction. Lo and behold, there it is. I contacted Juan and thanked him for posting such nice evidence for me, so that when I contact the State Police in Pennsylvania where he really is, there shouldn`t be much argument. He even mentioned in his auction that the saw is a "relist" and I`m the only person that has ever bought one from him before. What the hell is he thinking? I`ve already Street Atlased his address and the $385 is enough for me to drive down there to get it. So anyway, hope this saga helps someone else. Here`s the link.Juan`s Scam

Russ

Forgot to add one very important detail. Late last week PayPal informed me that they had resolved my complaint and released payment to Juan. That`s why I want reimbursement. Turns out that PP is of negligible value for consumer protection. I had given them follow up email apprising them of the difficulties I was having with Juan and they caved in to his pressure to release the funds.

Russ

holy smokes. i bid on that saw too. i needed it for its displacement for a compitetion. plus, i wanted to test it against other saws. he made it sound so good.

He's got the saw and the money? Where's the negative feedback? Is paypal aware he has both? What a POS!(paypal too)

Russ. Hit your credit card company directly. with fraud involved they should reverse the transaction and go after Juancito.

I have to agree, call your credit company right now! And let Paypal know that they should expect a call from them. I’m starting to think that escrow should be mandatory for chainsaws.

Raise hell Russ!:angry2:

Ultimately PayPal sucks.....

because they are extremely hard to contact. Yes, they knew that he had the saw and they released payment anyway. Atleast they should have know because I emailed them again after finding that the saw was damaged. Their customer service system is arcane and there is no easy way to contact them. they also told me that they will only persue non-delivery issues, fraud via damaged goods and you`re on your own.

I have contacted my credit card company since I found out that they had paid him. You have to fill out a lengthy form and provide documentation to support your case because Visa is reticent to institute a chargeback. Time will tell how this works out, but Juan did finally contact me again last night after I posted here. HMMM....

Russ

Hi Russ, these guys who pull fast ones like that only do it once, no twice, they do it for the first and the last time.
After giving the benefit of the doubt, and Elcreepo doesnt come clean, than it is his loss, and why wouldn't it be?
John

Man that stinks! Sorry to hear about your trouble with this Juan Jack-Ass.

I would pursue the issue with Visa. Yes, it takes a long time and there are many forms to fill out. Since you have so much documentation to provide, I think you would definately get your money back. Plus since the dumb-ass relisted the saw on Ebay, he just incriminated himself! The process might take a few months with Visa, but I don't see how you can lose.

If that doesn't, work, I would pay this dude an unexpected visit and get your $385 back or a piece of his hide!!!! People should be held accountable for their actions.

Russ
It looks like Juan is a prime example of Keystone Weird that explains it all.
If you pay the man a visit, please let me know. I will meet you in his area. The PP372 that I gave to Tony is still in that area also and it was never shipped. We can get both saws on the same day.
Later
Dan

Russ,

I have landfill needs should you have any spare material in the near future. A particular bothersome bog which I've been filling for 5 years still has plenty vacancy.

C-

gosh u fellas talkin a long trip for me ,north ,,which no offence ,,aint the direction i like to travel. my elderly customers,, needing me bad this time of yr. but if u go let know. cause that sb got one coming .aint nothin would give me more satisfaction ,,than to try.and im gona do it sooner or later. i bet its all the same bunch of sh-ts.
eric e . a challenge,, ill whip your ass or give u 200 dollars . or u give me my saw and two hundred dollars. so u will know u aint walkin into super man . im 6ft 2 inches and 195. not so big, for big men.
and dont think about pulling some hardware ,,as i can bring a nephew ,
that ,god lovim,, is crazy as hell .. an thats rite dn his line.ill have trouble controlling him.
i appologise to all that i may offended by my attitude but , i get mad everytime i think about it. again i appologise

If he sees you coming, you ain't gonna accomplish anything.....

Have a sweet talking female ask him if he would look at a saw her ex-boyfriend left....

Lure him out.:angry:

Hey Russ, dont feel so bad, although this may be no consolation, but today I saw an 066 that was recently bought by a Canadian for 700U.S. on Ebay
Anyway, it was reputated to be Walkerized, everyone coins that name. The saw was totaly fookulated, loose crank, burned out oil pump, etc. etc. The guy could have bought a brand new one at that price. I offered $150 CDN, as is.
John

Thanks

I want to thank everyone for the concern and advice, and atleast one of you for contacting Juan and asking him why he hadn`t refunded my money. Well I`ve got $385.27, the initial total, sitting in my PayPal account tonight. I don`t know what to make of this because I checked his feedback before bidding and he looked reasonably good and now he has ultimately made "good enough". I don`t want to trash the guy unjustifiably but there are some unusual circumstances involved. Now I have to see if I can actually get the money and then stop the chargeback I started through Visa. :confused:

Russ

Sometimes sellers just turn bad. I bought a cheap welder from a guy with good feedback, then he dissapeared with my $45 money order. Same thing with another part I bought. You never know why they do that.

Hey Brian, I hear ya. I am wondering if the guy deserves the benifit of the doubt after all. I hate to admit it but I was wrong once, so I can relate to being a good guy who had a problem. Only trouble is that as I stated earlier he did have what appeared to be bogus contact info and he was very poor about keeping me informed. Foolish as it sounds, I would rather be mildly fooked than fook an innocent person, but on the same token I don`t want my negligence causing someone else to be taken.

Initially I thought that Juan may have seen this thread but now I know that a friend or two from this site have contacted him regarding the missing refund and his reputation.

Russ

Still Learning

Glad you got your money back. I have sent this thread to every high bidder, one retracted.

>>>>>Sure enough, I pull the muffler and the piston is lightly scored. Then I notice the other telltale damage from being partially disassembled. Lying bastard told me the saw was mint and he knew it was damaged<<<<<<

If this is true, then he's still a POS

Back