Watch out for juanjnunez on eBay!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russ ,u handling this like a strait up man..,got to admire that. everybody got the rite to get a little ticked,, if they think ,somebody is trying to take money, they sweat to get.glad it turned out good for u.

A few of you guys have reminded me of an important point, the piston is scored, albeit lightly, and someone had taken the muffler off and pulled the intake boot between the carb and air filter back through the shroud with pliers indicating further disassembly. You can see the small striations from the plier jaws right next to the tiny tear in the rubber. I`ve been too occupied with slaying a bigger dragon, my wife and her lawyer, to be fully engaged in many other matters and almost forgot entirely about these facts. When I questioned Juan about why the dogs were removed he stated that he didn`t want the shipping box getting torn out by them and in fact the clutch cover bearing the outer dog was also removed for shipping. He also stated that the saw had recently been to John Deere dealer for service because it was starting hard and that could explain the visible tampering with the muffler bolts. The saw does start easy now, maybe pulls too easy for an 80cc saw and it`s got wicked hesitation just off idle, didn`t dare put it in wood for fear that he would claim that I toasted his saw, which could appear valid to unknowing intermediairies like PayPal or Visa, but I can give him the benefit of the doubt based on ignorance if he has to take his saw to a John Deere dealer for service. He also claims to have had the JD dealer look at the saw after it was returned to him because he freaked when I mentioned that I removed the muffler. After the dealer alledgedly looked at the saw and noted "internal wear" but no damage from me removing the muffler, Juan sent my refund. He absolutely should not be selling the saw as A1 but then he may not know the difference, with his opinion based on the opinion of a JD dealer who may not know what he is talking about either. I still need to think on this a bit.

Russ

Russ,
I have a John Deere CS-81 for sale. No pictures, Paypal or credit cards. Send cash only. In fact I have as many CS-81's that you want...Rick/Creep :angel:

Honest J and His deer

Honest J has sold his deer for $511.50> Just think how happy he has made some one. Got a saw like new. Was purchased to cut one tree Does not need saw now.WOW what a deal.

I have got to vote with Russ. This person is not honest . A honest person would tell it like it is --------TRUTH------A white lie or small lie is a lie.:mad:

Russ,

I have no idea ho wmany others contacted him but I did the first night I noticed the post (it was either 8/27 or 8/28). I was very cordial and asked about the piston and jug, why it was relisted, and basically what the the situation was. He never responded. It looks like he made more money the second time around. I am glad to hear you did get a refund but I bet your still out both shipping charges.

Bill

Hi Bill G,

I don`t see anything wrong or unusual with your request for info from Juan, in fact I normally do the same thing if the seller isn`t explicit about the saws condition in his auction. Apparently you struck a nerve with Juan.

Yes, I lost money for shipping back to him, the only thing that he lost would be the "relist" fee. I`m glad to cut my losses at $23.

Jack,

Obviously Juan made out very well the second time around, LOL. I accussed Juan in a private email of shill bidding based on the fact that he had two bidders going so crazy over his auction. One bidder was a female who came out of bidding retirement just for that saw and the other, the ultimate winner?, is a sports memorabilia buyer with a sudden interest in JD chainsaws. BTW, Juan`s main business on eBay is sports memorabilia. Juan replied something to the effect that the high bidder just wanted that saw bad, because he had a max bid of $2k. That guy must be from a different planet if that is true. But on the other hand, he may have had a max bid of say $550, knowing that he would never have to pay up, but hoping that someone would get competitive and try to outbid him. I wonder if we`ll see the saw listed again?

The bottom line is that Juan removed all doubt from my mind in subsequent emails, in fact he queried "why do you care what I do with my auctions?" when I explained my reasons for posting here. I also expressed the sentiment that a lie is a lie and that I couldn`t in good conscience allow someone else to get taken by his apparent lies. I can`t save the world but that doesn`t mean I can`t save a little.

Russ

Yup Mr BlkBMW is the winner and probably the seller as well. Unless the bid went to $2000 how would Juan have known what the guy's max bid was? I was wondering why the high bidder didn't acknowledge my emails to him. On the upside a $23 beating is survivable and by you coming forth with the story, you have probably saved some innocent folks their hard earned coin. Attaboy Russ!!

juan,, if u reading this u can regain credibility ,possibly.. just answer the questions ask of u already.
at present your credibility is uh not so good,,.
this is the only time ill ever bad mouth aperson or buisiness . its my duty ,i believe to make the public aware of anything ,i think may be shady..
not perfect myself ,,but the only way i know,, to start back up ,,is to own the problem or explain it.thanks russ.
i say this because i believe russ showed enough probable cause ,,to
warrant his statements,,. otherwise i dont believe in sayin a thing about a man ,,that i wouldnt say to his face.
i believe russ would ,,if he could ever get
juam ,or what ever ,,in front ofem..
now im gonna try and back off some ,,
im startin to create an image of a hot head. i dont like foolish people,, around me either.

Stumper

Of all the different answers to what to do to Honest-J- You have come up with one of the best (SLAP HIM WITH A DEAD FISH) GREAT:p

Step #1
Slap him with a dead fish.
Step #2
Put said fish in blender, medium speed.
Step #3
Pour contents of blender in the cowl vents of his car.
Step #4
Giggle like a schoolgirl as he junks his car.

Latest posts

Back