we got an unlimited supply

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we hauled 3 more big loads of oak and hickory today,,,will have pics on later on this eve

Can't beat this one...
At least till you find a stash of gold bars hidden in the hollow of an ancient oak!
With your current luck, be looking for one!!!!

Get :chainsawguy:

SA

todays 3 loads

here is the pics from todays 3 loads,,all oak and hickory,,and the pile afterwards,,we will still be hauling,,,,of course dave is in the bibs,,,i think we might have a few cords so far,,,

001-11.jpg

002-12.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

We hauled alot of wood this weekend. Today mostly Hickory.. Does anybody know what the requirements are for selling walnut and cherry??? We've got some that we would like to sell....

Ya know, short of a few Marxist dictators, I have never really hated anyone.

Y'all just changed that.

You suck so bad, the Moon just changed it's orbit and Pluto is now 50 Miles closer.

Nice!!!!:cheers:

I'm flat out jealous over the first several loads, but after that much splitting and stacking you might be hating life and cursing the next 20. LOL!!!

Might be time to invest in a small Mill and Tylenol too!!

Some of that stuff is just too nice to stuff in a stove, and you may have to start milling and making your own trim and such things to keep from wasting it.

This sorta stuff dosn't happen to folks who aren't living right.
Congrats!:clap:

I still hate ya both though.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nice. You're going to grow a pair of shoulders splitting and stacking that lot.

I take it you guys don't have weight limits on trailers in the US? I'm allowed to tow 3.5 tonnes behind the Land-Rover, with the trailer weighing 850Kg, that only 2.8 tonnes of wood. If I tried to tow that lot down the motorway, I'd be doing time! :)

I'd come over and get some, but I don't think BA would let me put that much in the hold.

Ya know, short of a few Marxist dictators, I have never really hated anyone.

Y'all just changed that.

You suck so bad, the Moon just changed it's orbit and Pluto is now 50 Miles closer.

Nice!!!!:cheers:

I'm flat out jealous over the first several loads, but after that much splitting and stacking you might be hating life and cursing the next 20. LOL!!!

Might be time to invest in a small Mill and Tylenol too!!

Some of that stuff is just too nice to stuff in a stove, and you may have to start milling and making your own trim and such things to keep from wasting it.

This sorta stuff dosn't happen to folks who aren't living right.
Congrats!:clap:

I still hate ya both though.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:agree2: about not wanting to burn it,,several of the black walnut and cherry logs are good size,, we would really hate to burn them,,only problem in this area that very few people would want them to mill,,
cutting,splitting and stacking won't be to bad,,,running saws will be me,dave and my wife,,and daves 3 daughters his wife and me and my wife to stack,,,,dave and i have been cutting together for several years now and we can fly through a load of wood very fast splitting,,we have it down to an art,,the splitter can't keep up with us

Nice. You're going to grow a pair of shoulders splitting and stacking that lot.

I take it you guys don't have weight limits on trailers in the US? I'm allowed to tow 3.5 tonnes behind the Land-Rover, with the trailer weighing 850Kg, that only 2.8 tonnes of wood. If I tried to tow that lot down the motorway, I'd be doing time! :)

I'd come over and get some, but I don't think BA would let me put that much in the hold.

i am already getting shoulders,,dave already has shoulders,,,:D
there is no limit here on weight,,only requirment is that you MUST have trailor brakes and lights on the trailors we use,if i was using my 8 footer then lights is only required

got out this morn since it is was 30 degrees and cut for about 1 1/2 hours this morn,,got some done,,basically dented the pile good

:agree2: about not wanting to burn it,,several of the black walnut and cherry logs are good size,, we would really hate to burn them,,only problem in this area that very few people would want them to mill,,
cutting,splitting and stacking won't be to bad,,,running saws will be me,dave and my wife,,and daves 3 daughters his wife and me and my wife to stack,,,,dave and i have been cutting together for several years now and we can fly through a load of wood very fast splitting,,we have it down to an art,,the splitter can't keep up with us

If ya get some milled up, look into selling to the hobby woodworker crowd.
The Mills need bigger slabs for cost efficiency, you don't, and some of the smaller Hickory and Walnut slabs have amazing figure the big outfits cannot take advantage of.

I just tossed a real crotchetty walnut split into the fire and it kills me every time. If there's no nails and screws in it, it just sucks.

BTW...
You guys still suck so bad, space monetarily became a positive pressure atmosphere. :rockn:

Ibuprofin stocks are gonna go to the moon though! LOL!!
Go easy and nibble at it so's ya don't break or tear anything, and have fun!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

And here I thought with all the gas pipelines coming through If I could scrounge a load off of one of the nearby farmers who has an abundance coming out his ears I'd be golden. Lotsa hardwoods in these hills.

I have been splitting for my house and dads by hand for the past 20 years.

Wow,great score! If I were go,I think I would concentrate on cutting and getting wood to the landing area,and possibly hire out a few tri axles or semi trailers to move the wood,as a little Dodge Cummins and a 7T gooseneck are going to take a long time! I know I have a similar setup,its very easy to overload a 7t trailer when the weigh over 2 tons empty....around here you can get a big truck for 50-80 an hour,depending on where its going,youd have no legal issues,and in one day they could move what would take you a month....One thing I seen,was your missing a dust cap on your gooseneck trailer,you may want to fix that and repack before you lose that tire/rim on the road...that would be ugly with a load of wood.
I hope you guys get a mountain of wood out of there!

Wow,great score! If I were go,I think I would concentrate on cutting and getting wood to the landing area,and possibly hire out a few tri axles or semi trailers to move the wood,as a little Dodge Cummins and a 7T gooseneck are going to take a long time! I know I have a similar setup,its very easy to overload a 7t trailer when the weigh over 2 tons empty....around here you can get a big truck for 50-80 an hour,depending on where its going,youd have no legal issues,and in one day they could move what would take you a month....One thing I seen,was your missing a dust cap on your gooseneck trailer,you may want to fix that and repack before you lose that tire/rim on the road...that would be ugly with a load of wood.
I hope you guys get a mountain of wood out of there!

I thought about borrowing a bigger truck but decided this was good enough for us.. As for the trailer wheel bearing this trailer is borrowed from the farmer up the road from us,,, He's been using my trailer which is a little heaver built than this one I went up there to get mine and he had it loaded with junk and his was there the the John Deere on it so I took it and the tractor.. I wished I had mine because all the lights work and the trailer brakes.. His nothing workss.......... Lucky we are only going about 2-3 miles from the house to get the wood....

Back