we MIGHT get a couple of cords from it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
my good friend/neighbor dhibbs75 and i got a few logs,, i won't bore everyone with a bunch of details but back in the beginning of the year his boss was going to clear a bunch of trees off 4 1/2 acres,, he was going to cut them down and just burn them so dave volunteered us to take them down and we got the trees,, so we went and started dropping them,,, it turned out it was mostly red oak,, there where a few ash trees,, dave dropped them and i topped and branched them,, the main saw i used was my little earthquake that i had,,, they ranged from 18"-38" dia,, i am going to take one of the bigger logs and cut me a table for the front deck and also i am going to make bench for the den then the rest of the logs are going to be firewood,,, we have a bet of how much we will end up with,,, i am saying 15 cord and he is saying 20,, so far i have cut and split 2 cord and have only made a small dent in the pile,,, here are the pics of everything,,,, we used a skid steer to load the logs and a front loader to unload them here at the house,, the pic is dave himself and the boy is the supervisor,, his son,, we ended up with 7 loads on the goose neck trailor,, each load weight was about 12-14000 pds,,, his truck had no problem pulling it,,, since he is a master deisel mechanic his truck is not exactly stock:hmm3grin2orange:
View attachment 292753View attachment 292754View attachment 292755View attachment 292756View attachment 292757

Say it ain't true...an Earthquake on a 38" Red Oak???:bowdown:

Nice score on the firewood. My goal is to spend 2 days a week until I have 16 cord cut split & stacked. I still have 12 to go and 2 days a week ain't happeing yet:msp_thumbdn:

the 2 cords that i have done already has been cut up with a ms170,, it was slow but easy on the back,, since i sold that saw the other day the 346xp will come out of hiding,,, will be cutting a bunch now:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

292775d1367158656-010-jpg

thats about the coolest grapple ive ever seen. mainly because its on a telehandler. always seems like the skidsteer and grapple only piles bout 4ft before ya run outa reach with the tires up against the wood

dave can give you the exact specs,, it is the inline 6,,, i believe 350 horses with about 800 foot lbs,,, i can tell you that it will walk the hills with it loaded

dave came down and did a lot of cutting yesterday while i was gone,,,, so i split all day today,, ended up with almost 2 cords today and just now put a dent in the pile,,, going to be hitting it tomorrow and see how far i get,,,, since i had to sell my ms170 i broke out the 346xp,,, OMG it makes short work of the logs,,, i love that saw,, going to post a few pics tomorrow

Latest posts

Back