We need prayer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know this isn't logging but this is where we know the most folks.

Yesterday I at the very least, temporarily lost my favorite cutting and working partner. My boy went down just before noon yesterday. I got a call and met them at the hospital. The locals couldn't handle what was happening and ground transported him to Dornbecker/Shriners in Portland that's where we are right now. His heart stopped twice on the transport ride, and he has had 12 medium to major seizures up to this point. Right now they are looking into all the Cardiac and Neurological possibilities and are coming up with nothing. The major scans will be redone Monday to compare. The have found that there so far has been no brain or heart injury and they don't at this point anticipate any. That's all we know for now.

They told him NO driving, saws, ya they said that,they asked what he liked and he told them cutting timber, tractors or heavy equipment, swimming all the usual seizure stuff I guess.

He's whipped, I've never in my life seen anyone this tired and drained before. He and his mother can use all the prayers you and everyone can send.

I gotta go and get back to give Mrs a break, send her to the coffee shop in the lobby or something. It's damn hard for her to see her "baby" like this and not a dadgum thing she can do about anything. We'll be here until he goes home with us.

Thank you everyone.

Owl

All by best Brother! , The timber aint gonna run-a-way , recover in confort buddie.

Prayers for your boys recovery, and you folks will be in our thoughts here.

Hang in there and keep things level best you can, while he pulls through.

All the best!
Dingeryote

Hope everything turns out good. Don't get discouraged.

I don't know any of your names as I am new to this site if you will p m them to me I will get a chain started down here in VA and get alot of prayers going around.

Hope for the best, and a quick recovery

My Father-in-law started having seizures a few years ago and I know how draining they can be on someone expect a 3 to 5 day recovery just from the seizures.

Scary part is that this can happen to any of us at any time. Be thankful each day you can pick up a saw.

My prayers for your cutting partner and you also. Prayer transcends all distance and time. God hears us immediately. He is our Great Physician.

Sorry to hear this. Prayers for your whole family. Hope it all works out soon for you. doug

may god bless your family with a quick and total recovery for your son...prayers from all of us in the edwards family.

Prayers from our family to yours. I hope your son is doing better. Lindsey can relate to what he's going through. She has had seizure problems in the past, same type of thing, with major hospital stays. I will pray for him bud. We really feel for you.

Damn that's a tough hand to be dealt. You guys are in my thoughts. Hang tough!

Back