Weather men are alarmist retards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never watch the local news. It's all alarmist trying to get you to watch all the time. I just watch the temps on my homepage and maybe the newspaper. Winter storms are to hard to predict. The storm goes a little south or north makes a big difference on what happens.

hmm.. really!?!?! buddy of mine in coldwater said "no snow" just a dusting.. and another buddy in dodge said the same thing... lying bastards ;) they just wanted to get me out there so i'd have to spend the night

I don't know about those two, I'm in pratt, 70 miles west of wichita on 54. Maybe those flatlanders got some, but it all blew away with the high winds.

I don't know about those two, I'm in pratt, 70 miles west of wichita on 54. Maybe those flatlanders got some, but it all blew away with the high winds.

you're not even 70 miles west :) medicine lodge is about 50 miles straight west of me. I drive though it two or three times a week. I mostly was just dissapointed that we were getting "record" snow fall and got #### :)

Way overblown here too. They called for 12" of snow and "blizzard" conditions. Looks like about 4" so far. The media seem to like to do this a couple of times per year - must be good for ratings.

Not sure where in Ontario you live blackdog, but I've got over ten inches on the ground here now and VERY windy(-23 c with wind chill). The wind and snow did let up for a couple of hours in mid morning though. Kinda felt like the "eye" of the storm overhead, sunny even.
You must live WAY north of the weather ring because here they were calling for 24 inches of snow here from lake Ontario to Bancroft and near London for 36 inches.
It's not over yet, so I guess time will tell when the storm passes later tonight.

Damn! when I used "retard" in a post, I got flamed by a bunch of Alan Aldas with no sence of humor.

Not sure where in Ontario you live blackdog, but I've got over ten inches on the ground here now and VERY windy(-23 c with wind chill). The wind and snow did let up for a couple of hours in mid morning though. Kinda felt like the "eye" of the storm overhead, sunny even.
You must live WAY north of the weather ring because here they were calling for 24 inches of snow here from lake Ontario to Bancroft and near London for 36 inches.
It's not over yet, so I guess time will tell when the storm passes later tonight.

We maybe got a foot .. my daughter is in Kitchener.. and they are getting a lot more .. but she is right in path of heaviest portion of storm.

Damn! when I used "retard" in a post, I got flamed by a bunch of Alan Aldas with no sence of humor.

sarah palin can kiss my ass over using the word retard.. and i'd actually consider voiting for that right wing liberal #####.. couldn't be worse than obama...

And they MUST be retarded... they aren't ignorant, ignorant means they just don't know any better. When they try to MAKE you believe they know all and then strike out all the time... they should of been ditch diggers instead :)

50 km east of Toronto. 15Km North of Lake Ontario. By the end of the day we ended up with around 5" of snow with some drifting. Not even close to the big storm that was forecast. My wiife drove into Toronto to work this morning and arrived earlier than usual and got home on time at 8pm. I worked outside most of the day as I do most days. Temp was steady at -8C and wind chill wasn't really a factor.

This is their shot at 15 minutes of fame. Besides, the news media always supports the Nazis that find it easier to order everybody to stay home than clear the roads.

Note, we haven't lost power. All the trees agent orange took out last summer may have made a difference.

Last edited:
Here in NE MI We got pounded!!!
Only calling for 3 to 6 but got 18!!! With 3 to 4 foot drifts... Just got in from plowing all day....

Only calling for 3 to 6 but got 18!!! With 3 to 4 foot drifts... Just got in from plowing all day....

oh.. we got the drifts.. got stuck in one about 3 feet tall and half a mile long yesterday, snow plow has all the roads opened up already. :) we just didn't get NEAR the snow we were supposed to. :)

The formula in SE Michigan seems to be take the low end of the Weather Service prediction and cut it in half and that's about the amount you actually get. It worked today. At one point they were calling for 18"-24". Take 18 and divide by 2 and you get 9". We got 8" on the ground. It's accurate about 90% of the time.

Hell, even the weather guys that know what a friggin storm looks like screwed up.
Our guys were parroting the doom and gloom, and calling for a storm similar to 78' but even bigger and meaner. Hell, even I had a last minuite worry and made an emergency run to the Mexican grocery for fresh Cilantro....ya can't get snowed in without proper Guacamole.

Took about 45 Min to plow out the drives, and 20Min. with the snow blower to clean up at the MIL's.
Got a couple of drifts here and there, and maybe a foot of slop.
The same damn thing we get a dozen times a year with squals coming off the lake, and nobody bats an eye.

Yeah the spastic idiots in Chitcago got a little blow and abandoned cars causing problems, but that's an IDIOT problem, and not a storm problem.
The morons knew it was coming, went out to look at the lake and the pretty snow, lost thier friggin marbles, and created chaos...it's what idiots do.

The question is, what happened since monday?
Obviously the MSM had everyone focusing on the overhyped storm and the Haji revolution in Egypt...what were we not supposed to be seeing?
Did Obama make Lindsey Lohan the Ambassador to Columbia or something?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I call it the "RUN! HIDE!" report. Doesn't matter if it is wind, rain, snow whatever they bring out the 'panic'. One report of a bit of thunder and they are all over the air waves telling how dangerous those storms are. Snow shower "possible" "STAY OFF STHE ROADS!", "STOCK UP".

Harry K

LOL!!
The AP just posted that South Haven got the most at 20" but that is way off by eyeball. I say 10" at most.

Right now it's all about getting $$$ for clean up from the Feds and Lansing.
What a joke.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I remember back in 98 when they told us "flurries" and woke up with 18" on the ground. State shut down I-75 for a couple days. I happened to be on vacation and in Germany that week. Glad I missed it. I wasn't very prepared for something like that back then.

Ian

ORD got hit pretty good. We had one plane stuck(not literally) there, and had to divert others to different locations. We were scrambling to get aircraft out of our usual hubs and either get them south or move up the trip early to get them out of the stations before the wx crapped on us. I don't watch the news, or tv for that matter so I don't know how much they hyped this up, but many parts of the US did get hit pretty good. The tower at ORD told me that they had about 15in of snow.

They're always bragging about their high tech forcasting equipment. We had a freaking tornado a couple months ago and they had no clue it even happened until somebody called in and told them. Then they acted like they saved the world.

Back