Weed wacker question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more to consider!!

Thought I'd promote the All-orange brand!! Husky 343R. Very stout!

Al :cheers:

attachment.php

Consider FS250 to be the minimum for regular blade use in woody material. It's a heavy bugger, and the bike bars + harness is essential to successful blade use, IMHO.

I run an FS200 (pre-EPA FS250) with a blade and an Echo SRM260 with line. Great combo.

Consider FS250 to be the minimum for regular blade use in woody material. It's a heavy bugger, and the bike bars + harness is essential to successful blade use, IMHO.

I run an FS200 (pre-EPA FS250) with a blade and an Echo SRM260 with line. Great combo.

Run a FS250 alongside a FS200 and you will notice the difference in torque the 200 is 36cc and the 250 40.2cc 10% bigger!

My FS450 arrived today:cheers:
Started first pull! I will give it a good test tommorrow.
The only bummer is a non adjustable carb!

I am going to go look at Stihl weed wackers later today. Any input? I think I would like a straight shaft model without the bicycle handlebars. Possibly would use a blade on it in the future as well. Thanks guys!

I friend of mine bought a Stihl weedwacker from a local dealer a couple of years ago and ran it a couple of months and the bearing inside the shaft/head went bad.:mad: The dealer fixed it,the same thing happened about a month after the repair. Stihl wouldn't cover it under their warranty. I would go with an Echo or something else..

i do a lot of weedwhacking at work and we've used a number of of trimmers over the years. stihl saws are great but the line trimmers, hedge trimmers, ets. are crap. i have no bias i've just used a this type of equipment a ton. i'm not sure what model they are but they are heavy as hell compared to the kawasakis we use and just feel unbalanced. they burn gas like crazy as do the hedge trimmers which also have a tendancy to burn up pistons. the stuff just doesn't seem "pro" quality to me though the price definitely is. the kawis aren't too bad, they're lighter cheaper and reliable. i would spend the extra dough on the straight shaft no matter the brand.
:agree2:

Avalancher; Didn't know you possesed any Stihl OPE.....!
I have an FS-55, tickled with it...wear face shield, log pants..it can throw some serious debris around at high velocities!

LOL.Yep, I got a stihl,and after looking around at what was available, i went with the stihl.dealer support was the big clincher for me, there arent any husky dealers that carry weedwhackers close by so I went with the stihl.Good thing too, a few days of use and the coil went out.Brought it back, and before I returned home they called me and told me it was ready to go.Now thats service.Seems that Stihl had a batch of coils go bad, and the dealer had stocked up on em.Why they didnt change them out before putting them on the shelf was beyond me,but I sure cant complain about the service.

Back