Weekend Report 1/2/09 thru 1/4/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What have you guys been doing this first weekend of the new year?

Some members contacted me about some parts, so I ended up spending most of the day going through my boxes of treasures. Figured while I was at it, I would make a list and catalog my parts to save some time in the future.

The P&C box...

attachment.php

My wife wanted the xmas tree gone as we are preparing for a baby due any day now.... My sawzall is at my Dad's house....and the tree needed to be made very small so I could get it into a trash bag for curbside pickup.....

So I broke out the 031AV, chaps, and brain bucket, and let it rip. I left the tree in the stand (outside in front of the garage door) and limbed it up pretty quick. I then blocked it into 8" lengths. Very fun. No woodstove, so it goes to the city landfill. It was a hell of a way to spend 2 minutes.

Well, the weekend is not over yet.:greenchainsaw:....but so far I have sold an 029 for 245 with a case. Messed around with an ms250 for my mountain bike group and played around with an 024.

Tomorrow is a trail build for the local mountain bike group....beer right now.:clap:

Cleaning my "new to me" MS660. A lot of hours of it, but runs really good.
It really rips with a 20" bar and 8 pin sprocket.
DSCN0846.jpg
I'm calling the animal control, your dawgs got lose :)

Nice score

As for me, cutting some cherry and hickory for firewood. I think we cut, carried, and split about 1/3 cord in 2 hours

Last edited:
Cut a pickup load of hedge today. Bought a 020av for 20 bucks. Has good compresion but won't start. Probably cut another load of hedge tommorrow then work on the 020.

Chased the wife around the house. Dam she's fast, good hiding places too.

Cut a pickup load of hedge today. Bought a 020av for 20 bucks. Has good compresion but won't start. Probably cut another load of hedge tommorrow then work on the 020.

Check the impulse line. They tend to fail on those. Hard to get to though. You have to pull the right side casing completely off to get to it.

Check the impulse line. They tend to fail on those. Hard to get to though. You have to pull the right side casing completely off to get to it.

Thanks I will check the spark first then look at the impulse line. I heard the 020's were a little tough to work on but I figured it would be a good project. My son is a automotive tech so when I get stuck I get his help. Usually he looks over my shoulder the entire time. I can tell he is anxiously waiting for me to ask him to look at something. Then I can't get him away from it.

While the whole country has gone mad because of the iceskating outside (for the firsttime in 11 years), i cut some firewood, visited my grandmother, cleaned a 028 WB, 660,880 and got my car in shape.
Oiled my oakfloor.

Usual stuff i think, but these are the things i like doing most.

Tomorrow it´s back to normal life!! Had a kind of holiday for 2 weeks, did some work but also had a lot of time to spend with the wife,family and friends.

Hope everyone had such a good time!

Lex

Well i finally got around to erecting a fence at the mother in laws house which she has wanted doing for a few weeks. It was about -3 degrees celcius, which s pretty cold for England. lol, but got there in the end! :)

If i'd of thought about it i could have used the chainsaw to cut the wood with as 99% of the wood i used needed cutting as she only wanted it around 2ft high above the highest point of the wall. I think it looks good, not ba for free eh? Even the wood i got for nothing! :clap:

Here are a few pics...

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)

Back