Weekend Report 1/2/09 thru 1/4/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear and cold here yesterday with a stiff north wind.

I wish we would get a little snow at least, maybe enough to cover the unmowed grass. The shaggy yard was bugging me, so I used my derelict handheld blower and the wind to my advantage and blew the yard down.

Some of the leaves actually went where I wanted them to. I started up the Toro push mower - second pull - and mowed the yard, then ran the trimmer to clean up a bit.

Used a come a long and some cables to pull my son's dead car out of the spot where the gophers were trying to claim it into the driveway so it can sink where it belongs.

It's 25F here now, dawning clear and calm. Today, I will probably do a little limbing on the poplars I want to remove and maybe get the burn pile going.

Will in Nor Cal

Well i finally got around to erecting a fence at the mother in laws house which she has wanted doing for a few weeks.

I think it looks good, not ba for free eh? Even the wood i got for nothing! :clap:

Looks great! Free lumber is always a good thing. :)

Around here, kids on bikes and skateboards would have those bricks ground into dust...:(

My son and I

Split up a truckload of Hickory that Andyshine bucked up a few months ago.
Then we bucked and split a windblown maple and brought everything in to the woodshed,.

A couple of night shifts....

at the paper factory, but I did get a chance to fire up the 377 for a couple of minutes. Picked this one up off e-bay and Kyle sent me the bar and chain.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is what I got up to today. Cleaned up the shop for the most part, the bench's are still dirty in this pic, but clean now, as well I organized my saws a little better so I'm not always tripping over them.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

While the whole country has gone mad because of the iceskating outside (for the firsttime in 11 years), i cut some firewood, visited my grandmother, cleaned a 028 WB, 660,880 and got my car in shape.
Oiled my oakfloor.

Usual stuff i think, but these are the things i like doing most.

Tomorrow it´s back to normal life!! Had a kind of holiday for 2 weeks, did some work but also had a lot of time to spend with the wife,family and friends.

Hope everyone had such a good time!

Lex

Oiled your oak floor--- now there's a term I don't believe I've ever heard. :)

Here is what I got up to today. Cleaned up the shop for the most part, the bench's are still dirty in this pic, but clean now, as well I organized my saws a little better so I'm not always tripping over them.

It looks like the green Poulan is in the "go to" spot...am I right?

Felled and bucked a couple of storm-damaged oaks growing close to my power lines. First an 11" with the new NE346XP (its first work) and then an 18" with the MS361. No "barberchairs" or sloping backcuts! Plus split a bunch of ash from the tree I cut down off my neighbor's house a couple weeks ago. And watched four football games.

So far my impression of the 346 is: it's quite light (with Sugihara 16"), cute, too quiet, really fast for wood under 8", but even with the carb adjusted properly it slows waaaay down in anything big. Great limbing saw, but I'm now positive that if I could only have one saw it couldn't be smaller than the 361.

hey forestryworks i was looking for you at the GTG today i had the money for those 066 parts and more!

sorry i missed the gtg... i was gettin' some firewood ready to sell so i could make my truck payment for the month

Looks like slightly organized chaos there, Will. :)

ha ha LOL, you got it excatly right!!

It looks like the green Poulan is in the "go to" spot...am I right?

I suppose that could be the go to spot. I just cleared that spot and put it there. I haven't even cut with it yet, can't wait to try it out. Last while my go to saw has been the 046mag and 394xp.

didnt really do anything sat, but sun shot off about 1000 rounds at a friends farm.

Back